lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thoughts on this cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublestack00 View Post
lol, I am hoping I can sell the lift for a few bucks.

It maybe a cheap rigged up switch, I have no idea.
If you get it and that's the case. Once I see what year I have I may be interested! Shipping probably would be a killer.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2016, 02:11 AM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree the cart appears to be a PDS with the late model (current) steering system. So this is an EZGO (make) TXT (model) PDS (precision drive system) golf cart. PDS is just EZGO speak (marketing) for a sepex motored cart. To the user this means electronic directional switching (rocker switch on dash), controller limited speed ( somewhat adjustable) and some roll away protection. In general this is good depending on your intended use. These are 36v carts. There are "personality plugs" sometimes referred to as "chips" but in reality just jumper wires that can be installed in the controller to limit speed. With the right jumper the cart will run 18-19 mph (assuming good batteries) with one or maybe to people on standard 18" tall tires. Cost is less than $25 and user friendly.

This cart has a Peachtree City tag on it. Is it in Peachtree City and are you? Is this where you intend to use it? If so: Batteries here are $500-$600+ depending on quality and capacity. This assumes core trade in and you do the swap. Tax not included. So with batteries this could be an 18mph cart for $1300-$1450 as it sits.

The lift could be removed. 14" wheels with low pro tires are possible as long as total tire height is 20" or less. They will eat up some torque so you will be slower going up hills.

There are 3 golf courses in the city, all owned by the same company so the rules should be the same. You'll have to call them about tires. I don't know.

Other considerations: Since you would have to buy batteries anyway you might want to think about converting the cart to 42 or 48 volts. This would require a contoller/solenoid swap and a different charger. So, another $60 for a seventh 6v battery (42v) or 6x8v batteries and about $800 for controller and charger. At the higher voltages, these carts are noticeably faster and hold the speed on the hills much better. Of course this might not be important to you at all.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #13
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I agree the cart appears to be a PDS with the late model (current) steering system. So this is an EZGO (make) TXT (model) PDS (precision drive system) golf cart. PDS is just EZGO speak (marketing) for a sepex motored cart. To the user this means electronic directional switching (rocker switch on dash), controller limited speed ( somewhat adjustable) and some roll away protection. In general this is good depending on your intended use. These are 36v carts. There are "personality plugs" sometimes referred to as "chips" but in reality just jumper wires that can be installed in the controller to limit speed. With the right jumper the cart will run 18-19 mph (assuming good batteries) with one or maybe to people on standard 18" tall tires. Cost is less than $25 and user friendly.

This cart has a Peachtree City tag on it. Is it in Peachtree City and are you? Is this where you intend to use it? If so: Batteries here are $500-$600+ depending on quality and capacity. This assumes core trade in and you do the swap. Tax not included. So with batteries this could be an 18mph cart for $1300-$1450 as it sits.

The lift could be removed. 14" wheels with low pro tires are possible as long as total tire height is 20" or less. They will eat up some torque so you will be slower going up hills.

There are 3 golf courses in the city, all owned by the same company so the rules should be the same. You'll have to call them about tires. I don't know.

Other considerations: Since you would have to buy batteries anyway you might want to think about converting the cart to 42 or 48 volts. This would require a contoller/solenoid swap and a different charger. So, another $60 for a seventh 6v battery (42v) or 6x8v batteries and about $800 for controller and charger. At the higher voltages, these carts are noticeably faster and hold the speed on the hills much better. Of course this might not be important to you at all.

Thanks for all the info!

I do not live in Peachtree City, but not far. We live in Eagle's Brook.

The car will mainly be used to get around the neighborhood and to get back and forth to the pool/tennis courts.

Would the 14" wheels be any worse than whats on it now? I figured going to something smaller and most likely lighter compared to whats on it now would help.

You have any other recommendations as far as where to look for a cheap used cart I can fix up myself since your are local?

I do not want to get into changing controllers and batteries if I get this one, for not much more I could get a cart from Jenco, they have a reconditioned newer cart with barrettes less than a year old for $2500.

Whats your overall thought on this cart, should I try to get it cheaper? If I can't is it a decent deal?
doublestack00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:44 AM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The controller was extra. This cart plus bateries is not a bad deal I don't think, but I am not there?

Do you know what size tires are on it now? What was his speed with good battereis?
Old 04-18-2016, 07:47 AM   #15
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
The controller was extra. This cart plus bateries is not a bad deal I don't think, but I am not there?

Do you know what size tires are on it now? What was his speed with good battereis?

Not sure on the tire size, they are obviously larger than stock but from the pics I can not tell.

He did not know the speed and it sounds like he either bought or traded for it and uses it around his house not really on the street where he could get up to speed.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #16
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublestack00 View Post
Thanks for all the info!

I do not live in Peachtree City, but not far. We live in Eagle's Brook.

The car will mainly be used to get around the neighborhood and to get back and forth to the pool/tennis courts.

Would the 14" wheels be any worse than whats on it now? I figured going to something smaller and most likely lighter compared to whats on it now would help.

You have any other recommendations as far as where to look for a cheap used cart I can fix up myself since your are local?

I do not want to get into changing controllers and batteries if I get this one, for not much more I could get a cart from Jenco, they have a reconditioned newer cart with barrettes less than a year old for $2500.

Whats your overall thought on this cart, should I try to get it cheaper? If I can't is it a decent deal?
A 36v cart is fine for that usage. I would offer less for that cart but it isn't bad for the price. Even though it needs batteries, the ones in it are good enough to prove the cart works. Then you put new batteries in it and you know what you have for sure. In this case a working cart with modern electronics and new batteries for ~ $1500 or less. The big risk when buying a used electric cart is the batteries. Unless the age of the batteries can be proven, you should assume they are worn out and the cart should be discounted appropriately.
Another place to look is either/both Krogers in PTC. Each has a bulletin board near the cashiers with for sale items. No commercial sellers allowed. A lot (maybe even most) people sell their golf carts this way. The good ones go in a hurry, so you need to check frequently. Keep in mind that most of these carts will have back seats, long tops, lights and side curtains. Trojan batteries (the brown ones) will have a date code stamped on the negative post. Letter is month (Jan=A) and number is year. ( 5=15) Some people will have receipt. Premium batteries (Trojan, Crown or US) are a plus. Others not so much. Average life is 4-6 years but really depends on usage and maintenance more than brand name.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #17
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Even a 275/40/14 is going to be 22 1/2 inches tall. You will need to keep the lift and add spacers, (unless your after market wheels are deep enough to compensate), for the tires to clear the steering gear. If you do use an offset that will clear the steering without spacers, they will be set way to the outside of the cart. This will put huge amounts of stress, (torque), on the axles.
In my opinion, you are better off getting a nice low profile tire to fit your current wheels and leave the lift as is.
More than likely, you have 12 inch wheels. These tires would fit and look great on that cart. http://www. ................../produ...FcJahgodTNAF8g

There are other sizes, like a 205/30/12, but you'll still need to keep the lift. There is a 205/30/14 that measure a nominal 19 inches tall. In theory, it will fit without a lift. But, without actually measuring a mounted tire, you won't really know how tall it is. There is a 205/50/10. (in case those are 10 inch wheels), that will be about 18 inches tall. You will still have back space problems, will need to purchase a new stock axle, get new u bolts for the rear axle. In short, you are looking at a decent looking cart with good after market items included. Unless you had planned to spend some money making it look almost stock, it doesn't really seem worth while.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #18
rib33024

chloe. You have been here at BGW long enough to know, we don't post live links to BU here, And it's against the rules

Thank you

BGW rules

Members of Buggies Gone Wild
Become a respected and proud member of the largest golf cart forum on the internet: Buggies Gone Wild.

Above all, have fun and make new friends!

Feel comfortable about starting threads and posting comments especially in our General sections.

Ask questions and help others in our Technical sections.

Feel free to utilize our For Sale section for any personal items you may be looking for or have for sale.
***NOTE: The For Sale section is not for business sale or advertising from any member that is not a sponsor of Buggies Gone Wild!

Respect others and this site and remember that this is a family oriented forum.

No posting fowl and abusive language or obscene pictures in any form.

No business advertising or posting links of other golf cart business sites other than those of our sponsors: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

We have a wide variety of sections on this forum: Technical/Repair, Custom/Builds, News/Events, General/Inspirational, Hunting/Fishing, ATV, For Sale, and many other areas of interest.

Remember this site is yours as much as it is ours. Please help to keep it a fun family site for everyone.

We hope you enjoy the site and will become part of our forum family here at Buggies Gone Wild.

If you have any questions, feel free to email us.

Thank you,
James
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #19
doublestack00
Getting Wild

Does this cart look lifted? I saw this at the local dealer showroom, I am going for this look with these exact wheels.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #20
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Aft first look it does look lifted. And the size of those rims? But I don't really know I'm new to all this stuff
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO