lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2016, 11:11 PM   #1
90marathonman
Not Yet Wild

Default Total charge 1 relay boards

I just got my total charge on working with a new board , it cuts off when charged but does not cut back on like it should I have to unplug it from the cart for it to come back on , also I noticed the new board only has about one third the parts as the original , so I think the new board does not have the battery monitoring like the original charger would have. Is there another board I should buy to make it work correctly what do you guys think
90marathonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
90marathonman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Total charge 1 relay boards

Sorry hope to figure out soon cause if not I am ordering new links charger I don't want but ,I just can't find info for these boards I know they make a exact original just not sure which one
Old 04-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure which of the four models of the Total Charge line you are referring to by Total Charge 1. The first edition was named "Total Charge" and had a mechanical elapsed time indicator that also served as a backup timer.

Attached are pictures of the Total Charge, Total Charge II and Total Charge III. Total Charge IV is the same as TC-III except it has a digital elapsed time display.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the four versions will start a new charge cycle unless the charger is unplugged form the cart and then plugged back into cart, but I might be wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150325_112111563.jpg (302.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo (2).JPG (126.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg TC III.jpg (236.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
90marathonman
Not Yet Wild

Mine is the green one , so these total chargers are not supposed to start a new cyle
Old 04-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
90marathonman
Not Yet Wild

If so could I might just buy a new charger with winter mode so when in not use I don't have to babysit the thing
Old 04-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Few, if any, or the legacy chargers that came with EZGO carts start a new charge cycle without first being unplugged from the cart.

In my opinion, the best charger for winter storage as well as daily use, is the DPI Accusense. It goes into a float charge mode after the regular charge cycle ends, so you start out the day with fully charged batteries whether you use the cart every day or once a week. I addition, after being in float charge for 28 days, it initiates a regular charge cycle, which causes some gassing and mixes the electrolyte to reduce the effects of electrolyte stratification caused by sitting for extended periods of time. It also powers up in the regular charge mode after a power failure. Better yet, it cost less than other chargers with similar features.

Here is where I bought mine: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-chargers.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #7
90marathonman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks jonnieb
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO