lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bad boy buggy is a no go

1999 bad boy buggy. Push the pedal and nothing happens. Where do I need to start? Looks like there's 3 Solenoids? Which one to put a jumper on first?
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #2
fishsticker
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bad boy buggy is a no go

If you have 3 solenoids then you are wired differently than my 2010.

Do you have the classic with the straight front axle?

Do you have one or two controllers?

Mine is the XTO with independent suspension front and rear and twin blue Sevcon milpak controllers.

On my BBB when you turn the key on each controller actually energizes its respective solenoid to close the circuit and send full pack voltage to each controller. You can hear the two solenoids energizing and making contact. If either controller detects a problem it will then open that circuit and you will hear another click as the solenoid opens....or two clicks if both solenoids drop out. On the Sevcon controllers anything other than a solid lit green light is not good news and you have some troubleshooting to do.

Take some pics or post some more info about the setup.

Could be a simple key switch......that one was easy for me to diagnose.....when I turned the key on the dash lights that typically come on did not.....multi meter confirmed bad switch.
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
Helirich
Gone Wild

Unrelated to your problem, but I'm courious about your cart(s). The one "bad boy" that I looked at had 72volts. I'm guessing six 12V wired in series. How is the range on something like that? How fast is it?
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Straight axle, single controller. One solenoid is on the driver side. The other two are on the passenger side. Those two are linked on one of the top poles. My pictures are uploading.
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:53 PM   #5
fishsticker
Gone Wild

Yea wired differently from mine for sure. Is yours the big green controller?

I would be guessing as to the way that thing in laid out. I would start at the key switch. What happens when its turned on? See if that controller has a status light and look at is to see if its blinking or lit solid after the key is on. If its blinking google that make/model controller and try to determine what the code means. If they are not too hard to get to you could pull those solenoids and bench test them.

As far as performance........I purchased mine used last year with 5 year old original batteries so best range I ever saw was about 6 miles or so. Mine is 48 volt with electric motors front and rear. I just did a lithium conversion and can get 15 miles or more riding in the yard. With a heavy load hunting with 4 people thru the mud I can still get 10 miles.
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
Spitnhit
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever find out the problem? I'm dealing with this issue now myself, looking for suggestions.
Spitnhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO