lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #11
loungedebaldy55
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cart keeps blowing the 60 amp fuse

Thanks again for your replies. After my last post I tried jumping to eliminate the fuse and the cart moved. One thing I did notice is that there was a small spark when I made the connection. I checked the voltage with the key on and it was the same 37.7v as is present at the battery terminals. With key off there was a drop of one volt to 36.4v and no current with the tow/maintenance switch in tow mode. I will check today if I can find a problem in the charging circuit. Good to know that the fuse is for the charging circuit so now I will be looking in the right place.
loungedebaldy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #12
loungedebaldy55
Not Yet Wild

Happy 4th of July to all. Back to work for us North of the border after our 1st of July celebrations on Friday. I have taken the charging plug apart and everything is good there. The Blk,wht, and little red wires are all good. I have noticed that the small spark is coming from the little red wire at this point. That is there with the key on or off but not with the maintenance switch in the tow position. I will try to trace that wire today and see if I can find the reason for that short.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #13
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You can tie that red wire into the positive maybe that would help?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #14
loungedebaldy55
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Clemson. I should have said that there is a small spark if I touch the White wire from the charge plug to the positive post on the battery terminal to bypass the fuse. There is no spark (little spark) if the little red/wht wire that comes from the charge plug is disconnected so that leads me to believe that the short is somehow connected to that wires circuit. The large spark that I experienced before is not evident at least for now. The white positive and this red/wht wire are connected in the charge plug and this wire goes into the multi pin plug into the controller. The wire is not grounded anywhere and looks in good shape. Something wrong in the controller?
ljb
Old 07-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #15
loungedebaldy55
Not Yet Wild

Just wondering if that arc could be somehow be connected to the motor? I don't know anything about these things and especially the controller. Can it be taken apart and serviced? The cart is a TXTPDS with a 10 pin controller.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

THe arc you get when you connect the battery is a cap charging. No big deal.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #17
loungedebaldy55
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
THe arc you get when you connect the battery is a cap charging. No big deal.
Ok thanks for that reply! I guess I will try to run the cart without the 60 amp fuse and see what happens. I will see if the cart will go without the white wire attached and only attach it during the charge cycle seeing that the fuse only blows when the cart is moving.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The fuse must be in the motor power circuit if it is blowing when the cart is moving. This is a mis-wire! Check your wiring diagram for your cart and get it wired correctly. The fuse should be only in the charging circuit not in the motor power circuit.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Fuse should be connected to the main battery post on one side and the other should be a single white wire going to the charger socket.. If there are any other wires it is not wired correctly.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #20
loungedebaldy55
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Fuse should be connected to the main battery post on one side and the other should be a single white wire going to the charger socket.. If there are any other wires it is not wired correctly.
Thanks guys for your replies. It seems that most of the replies are directed to the charging ports white wire. I have checked this a number of times and the wires for damage and short circuits. All is good there. I have not done any mods or wire changes. I noticed yesterday that the heavy blk wire going to the controller and connected to the positive post on the bat. pack has a badly corroded terminal. I had cleaned and replaced all the weak terminals on the bat pack but had not replaced this one. Perhaps not getting enough power through this wire? I will do the fix on this and get another fuse before I try anything further. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
ljb
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO