lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Shocks

I just replaced my rear stocks with Monroe 31176 gas shocks. What a difference they made. It smoothed out the ride so it is almost comparable to a car. My question is. I've searched the forum and I cannot find the Monroe equivalent for the front shock so I can finish off the package. Does anybody know what the front shock Monroe replacement would be or if one even exists.
PS I got a great deal on then off Amazon. Both for $15 and free shipping. W/Amazon Prime. Should add that this is for a Precedent.
Thanks in Advance
John
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Shocks

I want to replace the rear shocks on my DS. I wonder if CC changed shock design between the DS & Precedent models? Good to know that better shocks are available.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

The message I read was saying the Monroes 31176's are for the DS cart. While searching on the internet I seen that the rear shocks are the same for DS and Precedent. Then I seen on Amazon that they had them in like new condition for $6.98 ea. I took the gamble ordered then and it turns out they fit. Now to find the front replacement. I think I found them but it's a $70 gamble.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #4
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does your precedent have a lift kit or heavy duty rear spring.. I sure would like to change all of mine too.....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

No lift kit. It had a riser block in front and heavy duty springs in back with 20.5 " tires. Found that the ride was too rough and I couldn't stop the tires from rubbing and bouncing. So I went back to original configuration. No riser or heavy duty spring. I installed 18" radial tires and gas shocks on the rear. Now I just need to find gas shocks for the front. Maybe one day I'll have this running like a fine tuned European luxury machine. ha ha. I feel like I'm there with the drive train just need a little tweaking with the suspension.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #6
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for that info. I would love to find good shocks that would fit my setup...thanks again for the info...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monroe, shocks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car