lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
Cleveland_Hoff
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Precedent Voltage Issue

I have a 2006 CC Precedent that sat up for approx. 1.5-2 years due to bad batteries. Battery post were very corroded and breaking off. Was put in my shop and sort of forgot about. Well recently I decided it's time to get this thing running and/or sell it. I pulled the old batteries out and noticed a rat nest under black cover near the controller (I think its the controller). I cleaned the rat mansion up and found some wires that were chewed. I cut and spliced the chewed wires. Bought new batteries (4-12V Trojans) and installed them. I'm getting some unusual voltage readings across the battery pack. Sometimes I'm getting >50 volts across battery pack and sometimes I'm getting 32.XX volts across pack. When I'm getting 32.xx volts across pack I have checked the batteries individually and they are near 13 volts even when pack is reading 32.xx volts. Any ideas on where to start looking or what could cause this. Also I'm not hearing any CLICK from the solenoid. Greatly Appreciate Any Help.

Thanks
CH
Cleveland_Hoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent Voltage Issue

If your volt meter battery is low you can get voltage readings like that. I know.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Cleveland_Hoff
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Mr. Golf I'll definitely check the batteries in meter.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: 2006 Precedent Voltage Issue

Also check voltage from battery to battery to make sure you don't have a bad inter-battery connector cable.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Cleveland_Hoff
Not Yet Wild

Worked late last night didn't get a chance to check out cart. Will for sure check cables
Old 01-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #6
Cleveland_Hoff
Not Yet Wild

Got it fixed. Problem was more rat chewed wires behind key switch. Greatly appreciate the input. Storing feed and a cart in the same barn tends to attract rodents. CH
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car