lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Brake switch hook up

Wires in common would be running lights. Tail lights should have a separate wire for Turn/Brake light. If you are not putting a turn signal switch on there just tie those two together..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #22
paul1968
Not Yet Wild

Front lights have red and white for running light and black and white which I assume are for blinker. The back lights have red, white and black wires and when I turned the lights on I got 12v between red and white nothing between white and black. These light are led just saying so I would have to break the black wire going to the back lights correct?
paul1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Actually no.. I think the white may be the ground wire. Red is probably the running light and black might be the brake light. With you meter figure out which wire you have as ground and which is 12+ then apply 12 + to the stray wire and see if your brake light comes on.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #24
paul1968
Not Yet Wild

White wire is ground for sure
Old 02-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #25
paul1968
Not Yet Wild

kgsc your saying jump a 12v positive to the black wire which I'm 99% positive is brake/turn and it should light and not burn anything out correct.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #26
paul1968
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yea you would have to wire the relay contacts, Common (30) to your 12V lighting power source, and Normally Open (87) to your brake lights. The red and violet wires from the RXV Main harness would connect to coil connections (85) and (86). Polarity on the coil does not matter.

Your aftermarket tail lights may have the brake lights on both sides wired to the tail light circuit. However, if your lighting kit had the turn/brake light option, that may be brought out to those wires you mentioned earlier.

Where are you located?

Bob
Bob I ordered this relay you told me. So let me get this right I take 12v which 12v all the time and hook it to (30), (85)(86) are violet and red doesn't matter which one. Then I would have to tap onto the brake/turn wires which are the 2 black wires I metered out and hook them 2 wires to (87)? I am installing a blinker set up so I don't want to cut the brake/turn wires just tap to them and hook them up to relay because I would need them in the 9 pin harness for blinkers correct?
Old 02-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #27
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1968 View Post
Bob I ordered this relay you told me. So let me get this right I take 12v which 12v all the time and hook it to (30), (85)(86) are violet and red doesn't matter which one. Then I would have to tap onto the brake/turn wires which are the 2 black wires I metered out and hook them 2 wires to (87)? I am installing a blinker set up so I don't want to cut the brake/turn wires just tap to them and hook them up to relay because I would need them in the 9 pin harness for blinkers correct?
Until you add the turn signal unit, you would connect those 2 black wires to relay terminal 87. Afterwards, they both would hook to the turn signal switch, as would your two front LED turn signal wires, and the brake light wire from that turn signal switch would hook to 87. There is also a flasher input to the turn signal switch. Lots of wires to connect.

That 9 pin socket in the bottom of the cupholder is to be avoided. It is for the Run Plug, or a diagnostic handset only. It has 48 volt circuits for your motor brake, and contains the 48V CAN Bus communications port for your controller. Nothing in that socket is compatible with anything 12V, it's all battery pack 48V or battery pack ground.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:48 AM   #28
paul1968
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Until you add the turn signal unit, you would connect those 2 black wires to relay terminal 87. Afterwards, they both would hook to the turn signal switch, as would your two front LED turn signal wires, and the brake light wire from that turn signal switch would hook to 87. There is also a flasher input to the turn signal switch. Lots of wires to connect.

That 9 pin socket in the bottom of the cupholder is to be avoided. It is for the Run Plug, or a diagnostic handset only. It has 48 volt circuits for your motor brake, and contains the 48V CAN Bus communications port for your controller. Nothing in that socket is compatible with anything 12V, it's all battery pack 48V or battery pack ground.

Bob
Bob the 9 pin harness I am talking about is the one from the light harness not the original Run Plug.

Again all I have to do is jump off or splice the rear brake/turn signal wires and hook them to 87?
Old 02-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #29
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1968 View Post
Bob the 9 pin harness I am talking about is the one from the light harness not the original Run Plug.

Again all I have to do is jump off or splice the rear brake/turn signal wires and hook them to 87?
Oh ok. My aftermarket accessory harness did not have any plugs or sockets, other than where the lights plug in. Yes, the brake lights would connect to relay terminal 87 and 12V would connect to relay terminal 30.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #30
paul1968
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Oh ok. My aftermarket accessory harness did not have any plugs or sockets, other than where the lights plug in. Yes, the brake lights would connect to relay terminal 87 and 12V would connect to relay terminal 30.
So just splice into them and go to 87 because otherwise when I have blinker set up they wouldn't blink on the rear lights?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO