lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
ADub35
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Just bought a 2010 RXV any upgrade recomendations?

After doing endless amount of research and scouring through these forums I finally bought a 2010 EZGO RXV Golf cart. It has been updated with the newer Curtis Controller and the newer non-handle motor brake. I got the chip loaded to freedom mode and programmed to top speed. I am having back seat installed, headlights and tail lights, and am installing the Digital Panel Meters 2-Wire Meter Red LED +6-75V voltage meter, along with 14" wheels/23" tires. I was going to lift it but since my daughters ages 7-13 will be driving it I decided against it for rollover reasons. It will mainly be used cruising around the ranch in CA, no hills. Is there anything else I should do to it? I paid $3,400 for the unit out the door with all above modifications.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
ADub35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just bought a 2010 RXV any upgrade recomendations?

sound slide a good deal. some like radios. i don't. you may find that its one of the few times your daughters will sit down with you distraction free, especially the older one. so I left a radio off.

I put the handle on the back of mine. Also i'll be adding padded arm rest with drink holders on mine eventually. Don't know if you have a reason for rear view mirrors but that may be a good add. I assume cruising around the ranch means slight off road conditions. I added big lights on mine so I can see wild life ect when driving in the evenings.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
ADub35
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sltintexas View Post
sound slide a good deal. some like radios. i don't. you may find that its one of the few times your daughters will sit down with you distraction free, especially the older one. so I left a radio off.

I put the handle on the back of mine. Also i'll be adding padded arm rest with drink holders on mine eventually. Don't know if you have a reason for rear view mirrors but that may be a good add. I assume cruising around the ranch means slight off road conditions. I added big lights on mine so I can see wild life ect when driving in the evenings.
Thanks for feedback, the guy installing the new rear seat says he has a handle that he will put on if it fits which it should definitely going to get a rearview mirror, not sure if I want the two side views or the five mirror set up that goes across from pst to post. Not interested in radio, can just use my portable bluetooth if needed.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I used a wink (5 panel) mirror for years. My new cart came with a center mount panoramic mirror. I found it to be much better.
Never tried the side mirrors but they add a lot of width to the cart. Might be an issue for some.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

When it's time for batteries, bite the bullet and get the 8v tray & 8v batteries, they have a longer lifespan, and longer range per charge. Do yourself a favor now, and keep the cart as fully charged as practical, charge it after every use.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
ADub35
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart comes with the standard EZGO charger, do you think it is worth it to bite the bullet and shell out the cash for the DPI charger. I'm not sure for now how much I will be using the cart, definitely won't be on a golf course, just messing around on the ranch and visiting neighbors from time to time in a 1-2 mile range. And I will look up the center mount panoramic mirror.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would put the charger on the "to do" list when battery time comes up. Unless the cart is going to be sitting for long periods between uses, then it may be wise to do it sooner.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:25 AM   #8
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you are installing 23" tires, you will have to lift it. Also on the charger, I would just use the factory charger until it fails, then get a DPI if it were me.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #9
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Side mirrors are nice. Especially backing up. No neck twisting. Found ours on ebay for $16 delivered. They are miniature versions in shape to those on my F250. They have a full adjustment ball and socket mount and easily swivel flat to the cart for tight spots.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
ADub35
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
If you are installing 23" tires, you will have to lift it. Also on the charger, I would just use the factory charger until it fails, then get a DPI if it were me.
You are correct, I was so used to looking for 23"s when I thought I was lifting the cart that I wrote 23's on description, but I am going with 205/30-14"s.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO