lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default Battery Replacement

I purchased a 2009 RXV Standard ..48 Volt electric golf cart from a 6,500 yard golf course... it has large Trojan batteries T-1275 installed....I use the cart at my own executive golf course of 3,500 yards
I am trying to get information on what size of replacement deep cycle batteries I need.. as i don’t need the ampere/hours that’s there at the moment.. as the course is a lot smaller ..and after every game it’s put into its stall and put on charge.. using EZGO PowerWise QE charger...
I believe the motor is a 3 phase 4.4 Horse Power AC induction motor...
I also believe it takes 69 amp @ fullspeed
Thanks

Last edited by Threeput; 11-22-2017 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: Wrong name
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Replacement

Stay with the Trojans T1275's they will serve you well. Mine are six years old at the present time.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
Threeput
Gone Wild

Thanks usgicollector ..
I guess I'm thinking along the lines..as my course is about half the size of the of the original golf course where the cart was used ..I don't need all that battery capacity...as the price goes up accordingly
Old 11-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeput View Post
Thanks usgicollector ..
I guess I'm thinking along the lines..as my course is about half the size of the of the original golf course where the cart was used ..I don't need all that battery capacity...as the price goes up accordingly
So, you will get more years out of them. Battery life (well maintained) is a function of cycles. You could go with US Battery or Crown in their 12V configuration but Trojans are your best bet in my experience.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Downsizing is a very bad idea. I strongly recommend against it. Ezgo did also use the smaller T-1260s , and had a very high failure rate.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #6
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you change your pack change your charger. DPI is the way to go. With a shorter course and a new pack, play the "long game" and make those new batts last. You will save in the long run.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
Threeput
Gone Wild

Thanks for all your help and advice..Will stick with Trojans
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO