lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
cdoliver1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 txt series high tq upgrade advice

Hello, new to the forum. Did some searching but still have some questions.
I bought a 2007 txt series that is all stock. I want to completely turn this into the ultimate hunting machine. I have very rough and hilly terrain. Upgraded controller carts have major trouble at my place and controller/ tq motor carts have just enough power but have traction problems going up hills.

I want to build a cart that has the most TQ available without cooking the system.
Heres my wishlist:

1. Most TQ (motor/controller combo) Don't care about speed, though 15mph would be nice
2. independant front suspension/long travel lift kit
3. 4wd system like the SilverWolf 4wd system
4. Best Charger for my setup
5. If 4wd is bad Idea, then rear limited slip

Questions

1. Will the Jakes long travel kit work with the Silverwolf 4wd system?
2. If #1 is NO, What is the best lift kit for 4wd for COMFORT (I have rocky terrain where a normal lift kit beats you to death)

Thanks everyone for the help
cdoliver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 txt series high tq upgrade advice

#1.....First I would call Silverwolf and ask them directly whether a Jakes long travel will work or not on your EzGo TXT and if not, which long travel kits will work.

#2.....and if you are wanting 4WD you are going to need to get a limited slip rear end or a conversion for the rear.

hope you have DEEP pockets....not sure what the rear end is going to cost you. but the aftermarket motor will be in the $500 to $700 range, the drive system for the rear will be in the neighborhood of $1200 and the Silverwolf set up will be about $2500.....not to mention the rear suspension and the long travel front end.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

******** WARNING OPINION ZONE *******

Dude for serious off-roading/mudding get a side by side 4 wheeler....

Not golf cart territory.

OR spend a boatload of money.

for light duty off road use---- Rxv w/upgraded controller.

Not a 4 wheeler -- but good on trails and reasonable hills--- 19Mph on stock golf cart wheels

****** END OPINION ZONE ******
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
cdoliver1
Not Yet Wild

I should have added I have a side x side to use for the bad stuff. My Kawasaki Terex does what I’m wanting the golf cart to do with ease. Side x side is too noisy for hunting. I know what this is going to cost. (I was going to buy a “brand name” 4x4 cart for $13k+ but i figures for less i could make my own and possibly better)I just need to know what to order. Will call silverwolf. Don’t understand why limited slip is needed w/ the silverwolf type system, but i do understand the advantage of limited slip. Thanks again for he reply’s and sharing your knowledge.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Consider limited slip a must for either setup if you already know of traction problems where you ride. Save the hassle of finding out the hard way and do it sooner rather than later. All the torque in the world is useless if one tire is spinning and you ain't going nowhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
cdoliver1
Not Yet Wild

Update:

Called Silverwolf and they said it their 4wd system will work with the Jakes lift kit with minimum modification.
The tech person said they are coming out with a new 4wd kit that allows the front wheels to be driven in reverse (right now they only work in forward)
and
They are about to release a Controller/motor combo that will be 72V Ac and he said it will be more powerful than anything on the market? Controlled by an app on your phone through bluetooth.

Just a FYi

At this point I think I'll go with limited slip, Jakes long travel and the best 48V system I can get now and add the new silverwolf system later.

Now I'm stuck deciding what motor/controller to go with? Any Ideas?

Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
hookemtx120
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I hunt in Llano, TX through lots of rock, rock and more rock along with many hills and have had no problem with the motor/controller setup in my signature that ScottyB hooked me up with. 15MPH is probably top speed for me on flat surface.
hookemtx120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everybody makes a good high torque series motor. Some claim higher HP than others, unfortunately there is no set way of rating this hp so the numbers can be misleading. Follow reviews and pick a brand you like. Alltrax makes a great 600 amp series control with 680 peak output and higher sustained output than any competitor. It also is water resistant and has reverse polarity protection as well as a built in fan for cooling on hot days in steep terrain. Pair it with a 400 amp MZJ solenoid and 2g cable set.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO