lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Turf1 carryall barely moves

I just bought a used clubcar that wasn't working (previous owner said the batteries were dead). I bought new 6 new trojan 8 volts and put them in and the charger still wouldnt turn on to charge them so I just ordered a new 48 volt relay to hopefully fix the charger. The shop said the new batteries were fully charged and theyre reading 51 volts total so I assumed the relay must be bad.

I'm afraid the cart may have another problem as I tried to pull it forward to close the garage and even with the new batterys it just clicks and pushes forward for a second but barely moves. With the rear jacked up the tires will spin pretty fast but not as fast as they should. Im really hoping to have this running before my husband gets home.

The serial number on the dash is H0340-331459 and the number on the frame near the motor is FRM1401082
Samantha Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Turf1 carryall barely moves

Hello welcome to BGW. Sounds like you may have more than one issue.

Are the batteries installed correctly?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Mooncarter!
Yes I believe they are. They are wired in series all the way through. The first battery has a red wire from the charging port and another from the solenoid on + and a black jumper from - to the next batterys + this continues all the way to the last battery which has a black wire from its - through a yellow box. The fourth battery in the series has a small yellow fused wire going from its negative into the wire protectors. It also has a purple on its - and + going to the horn.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Samantha Lacy,

Try this...
http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/te...roubleshooting
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #5
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Tahoedawg,
I did see that post in a sticky and tried all that which is why I ordered the relay. I'm glad that was bad instead of the onboard computer. It will be delivered Monday and hopefully that will make the charger work. I am just nervous because with new batteries that the dealer said were charged the cart wont move. I am hoping my motor isn't ruined.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:40 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

"The Shop" What shop? Trying to help.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #7
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The shop I purchased the new batteries from. Mile High golf cars in Colorado.

I replaced the charger relay and the charger still doesnt work. I have 49.5 volts across the battery pack. 36.4 volts from negative to positive of the charging receptacle. 11 volts from negative of receptacle to gray wire, and 46.4 volts from positive receptacle to gray wire. All fuses and wires from receptacle have continuity. It wasn't mentioned in the troubleshooting but I don't have continuity from the negative receptacle to the final negative cable that goes through the computer.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Use a jumper wire and run it from the MAIN negative battery terminal to the back of the glass fuse in the rubber yellow fuse holder that runs directly into the back of the charger receptacle. If the relay in the charger clicks when you make this connection, replace the OBC. Make sure the charger is plugged into both the cart and the wall when performing this test.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:57 PM   #9
Samantha Lacy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you TahoeDawg!!! It's finally charging! Now I'm excited

Is it safe to let it charge for a while like that? Just enough to make sure the motor and everything else is working?

Any recommendations for where to buy a computer? Is it just the yellow box with the negative going through it? Because there is another longer rectangular box attached to the frame that also has a ground sealed in it? Should I just take both of these off and check the part numbers online to buy them?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:15 AM   #10
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Lacy View Post
Thank you TahoeDawg!!! It's finally charging! Now I'm excited

Is it safe to let it charge for a while like that? Just enough to make sure the motor and everything else is working?

Any recommendations for where to buy a computer? Is it just the yellow box with the negative going through it? Because there is another longer rectangular box attached to the frame that also has a ground sealed in it? Should I just take both of these off and check the part numbers online to buy them?
I will let TahoeDawg advise you if your OBC requires replacing.

TahoeDawg / Revolution Golf Carts is one of our highly trusted site sponsors. Check out his website for potential OBC replacements at: http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/obc
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car