lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
ivel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT half doors

I've got a need for a set of solid half doors similar to a jeep. My dog is 14 and he doesn't understand that if he is in the floorboard and I go around a corner he is going to the road and get hurt.

I've looked the internet over and can't find anything other than the full soft doors like for a rain enclosure.

I want them to run with the body lines and be sturdy enough for Dale, my K-9 partner in crime, to rest his legs on as if hanging out of my truck window. He's about 45 lbs.

I have a number of ideas that I will share later, I want to hear your unbiased thoughts.

I've embraced the fact that I will most likely have to build these myself unless y'all know of some for purchase that I won't have to sell a kidney to buy.

Thanks in advance, ivel.
ivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT half doors

I don't know if it's my dog or my driving but I have found that I have to restrain him or he will pitch off the seat ( he loves off road adventures) I've settled on the idea I will build something along the lines a custom seat. I don't like the dogs on the floor due to the possibility of them stepping on the gas.

The seat is too short and falls off in front. He needs more room and a kick board to put his feet on. A custom seat like that would prohibit a person from sitting there. While we have a excess of carts and one could be outfitted like that, I think some kind of doggy seat add-on would be a great idea ... like a car seat for dogs.

Meanwhile I've got him a harness to wear that I can hold when the going gets rough or we're out on the street.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
ivel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've got a harness that I use now that has a "handle" on it so I can hold/help him up and down. I put him riding shotgun and wrap his leash around the roof support and it holds him securely but it's not comfortable for either of us and either my wife or I have to ride on the back, Not A Big Fan !

Also thought about a "cage" type deal for the fold down seat area.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
ivel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

AND...... how much fentanyl do these people give their k-9s so they just lay on the back seat or wherever without moving ? ? ?
Old 12-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A cage might work
Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Watching with interest. We have three dogs. When I take one out beyond our property they sit in the bed with a dog bed for cushion. The oldest of the three prefers the seat.

Several times while doing twelve ounce lifts I've pondered how to do it. On a TXT the front attachment might work on the roof strut mounts. That is as far as I have gotten with engineering. It wouldn't take much structure. The visual deterrent is most of the battle with our dogs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What about something like this. Just need to be short enough so they can’t jump out and get dragged and hurt. Mine use to sit right next to me they would rather ride then walk or run lazy. I would actually ride them on a atv
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0FF567FD-FBD4-47E5-808B-271C0D11AB33.jpeg (95.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 6BF899E2-34F9-4B4D-913A-15F7CBA0D169.jpeg (137.1 KB, 0 views)
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriswallace View Post
What about something like this. Just need to be short enough so they can’t jump out and get dragged and hurt. Mine use to sit right next to me they would rather ride then walk or run lazy. I would actually ride them on a atv
I use the seat belt straps on my cart. We use them in the truck while on the way to campgrounds or doggie parks and on the cart while there. I added front and rear seatbelts to my cart for this reason.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:11 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Anybody with a truck dog knows the guilty feeling of hitting the brake ans sending Rover into the dash & down on the floor
Old 12-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #10
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Anybody with a truck dog knows the guilty feeling of hitting the brake ans sending Rover into the dash & down on the floor
Yes done that a few times very bad feeling they have no idea what’s going on. I always tried to drive with one arm around them they would sit right next to me.
Eddie
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO