lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default '14 Precedent Cable Upgrade ???

I started replacing the stock battery cables with 2AWG cables on my new-to-me 2014 Precedent, and have completed all of the battery-to-battery connections, but how do I get to the other end of the pack's positive and negative cables?

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '14 Precedent Cable Upgrade ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I started replacing the stock battery cables with 2AWG cables on my new-to-me 2014 Precedent, and have completed all of the battery-to-battery connections, but how do I get to the other end of the pack's positive and negative cables?

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Meaning how do you replace the cables that run to/from the controller?

There is a torx bolt holding on the controller cover on the top ridge. Through the rear access panel you can take off the controller back cover too and expose that entire set up.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Meaning how do you replace the cables that run to/from the controller?

There is a torx bolt holding on the controller cover on the top ridge. Through the rear access panel you can take off the controller back cover too and expose that entire set up.
Thanks, Htownblue. Are you talking about this torx bolt? If so, do I need to remove the batteries to take off the cover - it looks pretty tight in there?

Old 12-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks, Htownblue. Are you talking about this torx bolt? If so, do I need to remove the batteries to take off the cover - it looks pretty tight in there?

Yes sir. That’s the one. The back cover is accessed from underneath or through the motor panel access. The controller and solenoid is secured to the metal plate with that torx bit in it.

You would need to remove at least the Center two batteries to get clean access. Remember the lines running to the motor are connected to that panel with the controller and solenoid.

Never mess with the controller or solenoid with the pack wired.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Yes sir. That’s the one. The back cover is accessed from underneath or through the motor panel access. The controller and solenoid is secured to the metal plate with that torx bit in it.

You would need to remove at least the Center two batteries to get clean access. Remember the lines running to the motor are connected to that panel with the controller and solenoid.

Never mess with the controller or solenoid with the pack wired.
Thanks again, Htownblue - I really appreciate it! One last question if you don't mind... how do I remove the back cover? I removed the motor panel access but didn't notice any fasteners at first glance.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks again, Htownblue - I really appreciate it! One last question if you don't mind... how do I remove the back cover? I removed the motor panel access but didn't notice any fasteners at first glance.
The rear panel has clips that you pinch/press and it will allow you to maneuver the rear plastic cover out. It is done through the motor Bay Area. You may have to get under the cart or access it through the panel access in the rear of the cart.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:54 PM   #7
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
The rear panel has clips that you pinch/press and it will allow you to maneuver the rear plastic cover out. It is done through the motor Bay Area. You may have to get under the cart or access it through the panel access in the rear of the cart.
Thanks again - you're the best! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car