lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Help identify my new Club Car, please

Folks,

A couple days ago, I purchased a Club Car from a woman who's husband used it for a short while before he passed away. It is in overall very good shape. I am going to use it when I play golf at the course I live on, and work 2 days each week.

I cannot determine what model/year it is. It is definitely a 48V. It has the "TOW/RUN" switch.

Following are some numbers I got:
Serial A 00411-373315

Group of letters "A".."B".."C".., with numbers under them 232..161..206

Batteries were replaced a few years ago, then the cart was parked (but kept on a charger weekly). After a full charge, the batteries read between 8.38 and 8.48 V, which I think should be okay, right?

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Jim, Las Vegas
buckmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help identify my new Club Car, please

If you google what year is my club car you’ll find many places to tell you...the letter tells you what model and the 00 says it’s a 2000..can’t paste with iPad sorry
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

It's a 2004 with speed code 4. It should go about 19 mph.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingerbateman View Post
If you google what year is my club car you’ll find many places to tell you...the letter tells you what model and the 00 says it’s a 2000..can’t paste with iPad sorry
I never even think of google for stuff like this. I could save us all some time if I did. Yes, according to Google, it is a 2000. Apparently, it is the 2000.5, as the roof and roof supports were changed mid-year, and mine has the newer ones.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
It's a 2004 with speed code 4. It should go about 19 mph.
Thanks for your help. According to google, it is a 2000, due to the "00" as first two numbers in the serial number. Do you have something else indicating it is a 2004? The seller said she thought it was '03/'04, but was not original buyer, so did not know for sure.

As for the code 4, probably correct because it does seem to go about 3mph faster than our fleet carts, which are supposed to be 15/16 mph governors.

If I wanted a little more speed without sacrificing reliability, or adding much cost, what would be the first step?
Old 12-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Serial A 00411-373315
The first 0 is likely a Q, I read it as a 2004 model build the 11th week of production. serial number 373315
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with Mr Golf. A 2004 DS with 48V IQ system and speed code 4, which is what the three sets of three numbers indicates.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #8
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
Thanks for your help. According to google, it is a 2000, due to the "00" as first two numbers in the serial number. Do you have something else indicating it is a 2004? The seller said she thought it was '03/'04, but was not original buyer, so did not know for sure.

As for the code 4, probably correct because it does seem to go about 3mph faster than our fleet carts, which are supposed to be 15/16 mph governors.

If I wanted a little more speed without sacrificing reliability, or adding much cost, what would be the first step?
In order to gain more speed or torque above what the 250amp stock controller will provide, you will need to purchase a different controller (Alltrax) and likely a new solenoid to handle the juice increase along with a wire gauge upgrade. Looking in the neighborhood of 300-600 depending on just how powerful you want to go.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:24 PM   #9
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you, everyone, for the help. I will have to look closer at the SN prefix, as it is under an added accessory, hard to see clearly. Most likely, you are correct that it is AQ, not AO.

As for power adders, while I would like to go faster, spending mo' money on this currently is not in the plan. I want to first determine that it is fully functional, and in as good as expected condition. After that, maybe some upgrades. It is only for golf, so high speed is not essential.

BTW, are the stock wires 6 gauge? The ones in the cart seem to be okay, but are likely 14 years old. Replacing with 4 gauge is pretty cheap, and would be good if did a power upgrade, right? Or, do I need to go to 2 gauge, and not have to redo it?

Thanks for the help.

Jim
Old 12-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post

BTW, are the stock wires 6 gauge? The ones in the cart seem to be okay, but are likely 14 years old. Replacing with 4 gauge is pretty cheap, and would be good if did a power upgrade, right? Or, do I need to go to 2 gauge, and not have to redo it?

Thanks for the help.

Jim
Welcome to the BGW forum!

You are probably ok for now. As you say the 4 gauge cable upgrade is a good choice for first upgrade. It won't give you more speed than the 19 MPH you now get with the existing controller and solenoid.

But later, if you go with an Alltrax XCT48400 you will need the 4 gauge cables and a HD 200 amp solenoid to get about 3 or 4 more MPH with everything else stock.

If it were mine, I would keep it all as is and have fun with it. Time will tell if an upgrade is what you want.

Last edited by Tom47; 12-30-2017 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Added welcome
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car