lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
88Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 Marathon suspension damage question

I have a 1988 EZGO Marathon 36v, with mostly original equipment (new batteries and cables, new tires, added back seat). This weekend, a really heavy guy drove it around- he was over 500 lbs. and after I got it back, the driver's side is riding about an inch lower than the passenger side.

I am assuming that I will need to do some repairs to the suspension, but not sure to look for. I haven't had a close inspection yet, but I was hoping someone could point me for what to look out for and suggest cost-effective solutions. At minimum, I think I will need to change the leaf springs out to heavy duty, since we do have the back seat anyway.

Thanks for your help.
88Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 Marathon suspension damage question

considering your cart is 30 years old....and would bet that NONE of the springs have ever been changed out.....to freshen up the suspension (especially with a back seat) I would replace the rear springs with new HD springs AND replace the fronts as well, AND replace all 4 shocks, if in fact they are the same age/vintage.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
88Marathon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
considering your cart is 30 years old....and would bet that NONE of the springs have ever been changed out.....to freshen up the suspension (especially with a back seat) I would replace the rear springs with new HD springs AND replace the fronts as well, AND replace all 4 shocks, if in fact they are the same age/vintage.
I figured I'd need to change those out. Any idea of the cost of something like that? is there a particular dealer that has good prices on springs and shocks for old EZ-Go golf carts? I have looked online and there doesn't seem to be much available for ones older than the TXT. I'm debating whether or not I want to do it myself or take it to a local shop.

Thanks for your help.
88Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

look at the top of the page.....there you will find a link to the "site sponsors"....you will find what you are looking for there, and our sponsors will treat you right.

actually changing the springs and shocks are a fairly easy job. just a heads up, when replacing the rear springs, you need to ensure that the springs you are buying come with the new bushings, and if they don't you will need to buy them separately. a complete set will come with 12 bushings and the metal tube that goes between them.

here is a set off of amazon....

https://www.amazon.com/EZGO-TXT-Bush...pring+bushings
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO