lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
daprincipal
Not Yet Wild

Default 14 Club Car

I bought a used Club Car with 300 alltrax from a local guy that came with very good reviews. I have had nothing but issues with the cart and have enjoyed very little use in the month I have had the cart. The first thing to go wrong was the forward reverse switch not working. While he had it to fix he asked me if I had messed with the Alltrax since it was set at 8k RPM. I have not even downloaded the toolkit so not sure how this happened. I have had it back for a week and now it cuts down to 8-11mph and every once in awhile will jump up to 16-18. He said he might get to it the week after next.

Is there anyone on here in the STL area that has used the Alltrax software and could run the diagnostic for me. I only have a Mac.
daprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 14 Club Car

Just as a possibility, you can pick up a cheap laptop running windows 8 or 10 from some flea markets for $50-$75 and use it just for that purpose. I bought one 2 weeks ago for $60 with no extras, just an old Inspiron for my nephew.

And the max RPM for that stock motor should not exceed 6000 or even 5500 if you wanna be really safe.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Having it set at 8k revs wouldn't cause any problems except when free wheeling down hill @ 40MPH. Then you might seize your motor. It sounds more like a speed sensor. Alltrax software wouldn't tell you anything about that. It's located on the back end of your motor.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
1sharphook

If the speed sensor is bad, you can simply temporarily uncheck enable limit speed using the Alltrax controller software to determine if there is a problem with the sensor or its wiring.

Page 15 of the toolkit manual.

Last edited by 1sharphook; 05-12-2018 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 05-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #5
daprincipal
Not Yet Wild

Bought a laptop over the weekend. Will get it up and going in the next few days and see what I can manage. I went ahead and purchased a speed sensor just in case. Should be here Tuesday.
daprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

MCOR or speed sensor. Alltrax is reacting to a false input most likely. Or the motor could have an internal problem like a busted terminal connection.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frustrated with club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car