lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
javvaa1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-Go Battery cable malfunction

I recently neglected my cart by not cleaning the cabling system as they got corroded, end result, one of the battery cables connector completly melted off. Now after cleaning the other cables sparkling clan the last battery which melted, the one that plugs to the charger negative slot has melted. can I just buy a new battery for the one that melted away, I saw on another post you can't just buy one battery you have to buy all new? Is this true?
javvaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-Go Battery cable malfunction

Buying a new battery won't hurt anything except for the new battery. What's the condition of the other batteries? I melted a post once when the rest of the pack was getting towards the end of its life. Battery shop had a used battery that matched the others pretty well. If you just install a brand new one, it will quickly be brought down to the status of the others from what I'm told.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
rib33024

Here's one way to fix the battery

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/batte...nal-repair.php
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Buying a new battery won't hurt anything except for the new battery. What's the condition of the other batteries? I melted a post once when the rest of the pack was getting towards the end of its life. Battery shop had a used battery that matched the others pretty well. If you just install a brand new one, it will quickly be brought down to the status of the others from what I'm told.
Fixing the battery is pretty easy as RIB33024 points out. If you don't want to go that route then just about any cart battery shop will sell you a used battery.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:34 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Wow! I've seen pics and descriptions for batteries before, but the one you posted looks to be pretty darned "blowed up". Or is this just a good example of how to do this with a less abused battery?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO