lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
Randallp504
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 ezgo txt with 4 bolt steering?

I bought a used 1996 ezgo txt series 36v cart and I’m in the process of lifting it with a steelengbrand 6” lift for 1994-01. I’m questioning my purchase since I’m at the point where I’m reattaching spindles and they are 3/8 taller than the new axle mount. I dug into some google and it said post 2001.5 ezgo txt series carts had four bolt steering and my 1996 seems to have it. Not sure which route to take, return and hope the lat model lift works, get 01.5 spindles, or find someone to cut and weld the stock axle spindle mounts to this. Any info would be great guys... first post by the way. Serial number 1453596
Randallp504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 ezgo txt with 4 bolt steering?

Your serial no indicates a 2001 model. 4 bolt steering started in 2001. You need the lift kits for 2001.5 and up. Confirm your steering rack is mounted on the axle and not the firewall (for lack of a better word).

BTW welcome! Prepare to open wallet and release money.

https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/

As far as what to do about it, I'm not qualified to answer. There is a lot of knowledge here. Likely someone will know. Be patient.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO