lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #11
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax failure lots of smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Just trying **** like flipping a diode is not the right way to do electrical work.
It sounds like this cart should be put in the hands of somebody who can read a wire diagram.
You can remove the small solenoid diode and see if the solenoid clicks when you press the gas WITH THE CART ON JACK STANDS
If no click the MCOR micro switch may be burnt out now.

I'm curious how the cart took off full throttle? Can you verify the year and drive system of this cart? IQ?
What is the blink code when the gas is pressed and the solenoid just clicks? this green blink code will indicate the throttle setting.
2012 club car precident IQ
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #12
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just to let you know the f1 and f2 wires were on backwards. The cart took off so fast in reverse and I was expecting to go forward. By the time I figured out I was moving backwards I was already through the door. I can actually laugh about it now. I guess I will never be a electrician LOL.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #13
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
Ok the cart seems to be running fine now way more torque. The only problem I have now is the headlights and tail lights not working. I have power at the fuse. I know this cart has a voltage reducer. Any ideas. I don’t think there is power coming out of the reducer there is a fuse there which checked good so I got power to the first fuse in the bucket harness but no power coming out I think I smoked the reducer. There is no power at the USB ports either. I can get another reducer but will it pop also am I wired wrong why didn’t the fuse blow.
Does anyone have any idea how this got burnt up I guess I am really not sure if it is or not. I do know there is no power coming out of it. Can I order just the reducer there is plugs on it.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you sure it IS bad? It should have 4 or 5 wires. 2 should be going to + and - on the battery pack. Here you test if it is getting 48 or 18 volts, depending upon the type.
Can you post a pic of the reducer? ...... and the garage door ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #15
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok after work the door is pounded back and in position kinda. I really should have taken pictures first. I could have started the thread of shame thanks Jerry
Old 08-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
Ok after work the door is pounded back and in position kinda. I really should have taken pictures first. I could have started the thread of shame thanks Jerry
It's okay.
Many times I've posted I ran myself over with a runaway cart I was working on early in my career.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #17
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dude you should have heard the tires barking. I didn’t have the seat in so when I hit the gas it pushed me into more pedal. That thing barley moved when I put it to the floor with the stock controller. O well I am getting one big garage door put in. It makes me happy the woman not so happy.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #18
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Referring back to the black wire you concerned about last night. Was there another small #10 wire hooked to B-. There should be 3 wires connected to B-. The large main battery cable, the #10 small black cable for the charger and another #10 for the accessories. Just for grins see if your charger turns on. Also I didn't notice any OBC so I'm assuming a ERIC Charger?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #19
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

BTW. We used to call that event Ground Hog day at work. If the first time you turned on a new piece of equip and you seen your shadow because of the flash. It meant six more weeks of installation.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
BTW. We used to call that event Ground Hog day at work. If the first time you turned on a new piece of equip and you seen your shadow because of the flash. It meant six more weeks of installation.
Oh no - Camp season will be over
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car