lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #21
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Speed and breaking

This guy has all the answers. Why is he here asking questions?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #22
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Take it easy guys. I think you are all answering the wrong question. He is asking about breaking. Not braking. Maybe break dancing?
Sorry. Couldn’t resist. But I have to wonder if this is some sort of troll having fun. I am really curious how someone that seems to know nothing about carts, just jumps right in to starting a custom cart shop. He says he’s rented many and even played golf with them, but doesn’t even know the difference between the kinds of drive systems, or basic programming. It’s sort of like waking up one day and going to Lowe’s and buying a bunch of pipes and proclaiming you are a plumber. I know very little about carts compared to the people on this forum, but I did rebuild a cart. And with all the money and time I have in it, I would be lose my *** if tried to sell it and get my money back. And that is where my next question comes. How does a cart reseller go and buy a cart from a dealer, and then upgrade it without knowing anything about upgrading it . And then actually flip it and make a profit? I surely wish cattleman the best. And hope he can jump in and reinvent the golf cart resell market. Just not sure about the logic of this endeavor.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #23
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Been using my cart EVERYDAY in all kinds of weather, mud, snow storms, and even ice and have NEVER have wanted to turn off the regen. It is FAR more controllable on slippery, even icy conditions than the brakes alone. I can't fathom any condition when it is not an asset.
Agree 100%

I drove without regen braking for several weeks before I completed the upgrades to make regen braking operational again.

I can slow from 24 to 5 or 6 mph in about 40 feet without touching the brakes. Ideal for slowing for turns. I'll never be without it again.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #24
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Wow didnt realize there are so many rude people here. Thanks guys.. We all started somewhere didn't we?
catlettcustomcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:06 AM   #25
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettcustomcarts View Post
Wow didnt realize there are so many rude people here. Thanks guys.. We all started somewhere didn't we?
Usually best to start at the beginning. Hello, how are ya, I’m new here and looking for advice on something. Thanks.

Telling people they are rude for giving this advice is not the best strategy.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #26
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My apologies for being rude. I truly hope you can succeed. I actually have a friend that was the last person who should ever operate a boat when we were younger. We laughed when he said he wanted to open a boat business. He didn’t even understand the difference between an outboard And an inboard . But now owns one of the largest boat/rental and charter businesses in Miami. So it can be done.
But he didn’t start out by asking a forum how to do the most basic functions of his business. If you truly want to learn, be open to suggestions from these guys that know a lot. And also, whoever you are buying your carts from, and then the supplier that you buy your upgrade parts from should be more than happy to teach you the basics. I buy my parts from David at Revolution and he has thought me a lot of basics over the phone that are hard/impossible to abstract from a forum Good luck to you.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #27
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

And to add to what Gorno said, there are more knowledgeable people on here than any other cart forum. I think you may have taken some of the responses defensively because they weren’t what you wanted to hear.

For example, the insurance is a real concern when altering carts from stock form, from a legal perspective, and not being an authorized dealer will preclude you from obtaining the pass key for speed codes from club car. For example, a golf cart by design is legally not allowed to exceed 19mph, and an LSV is not allowed to exceed 25mph. Therefore, if you build carts that reach speeds outside of those parameters there could be legal implications in the event your customer crashes it.

You may want to do some due diligence and spend some time just reading through the forums to get an idea of some common issues and how they are typically resolved. Before I bought my first cart (and actually signed up on BGW for that matter) I spent many hours just reading various threads to familiarize myself with common problems and terminology in the cart world.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #28
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Usually best to start at the beginning. Hello, how are ya, I’m new here and looking for advice on something. Thanks.

Telling people they are rude for giving this advice is not the best strategy.
I believe i did that by saying " So take it easy on me, but im opening a custom golf cart shop. "

and I didn't take anything defensively at all I asked 2 questions got attacked for it. I didn't think my question were off the wall at all for a new guy in the field. I have been around golf carts for over 15 years working at a golf course, but all of ours were easy go gas carts. No electric. So i can work on them just fine.

I also answered the other questions and never got a response. I have talked to my insurance agent and they dont think i need anything special for insurance. So i asked that to the guy what special insurance do i need? Crickets from him.

Then more people chimed in rudely, totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my book. Again i just asked 2 simple questions.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #29
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
My apologies for being rude. I truly hope you can succeed. I actually have a friend that was the last person who should ever operate a boat when we were younger. We laughed when he said he wanted to open a boat business. He didn’t even understand the difference between an outboard And an inboard . But now owns one of the largest boat/rental and charter businesses in Miami. So it can be done.
But he didn’t start out by asking a forum how to do the most basic functions of his business. If you truly want to learn, be open to suggestions from these guys that know a lot. And also, whoever you are buying your carts from, and then the supplier that you buy your upgrade parts from should be more than happy to teach you the basics. I buy my parts from David at Revolution and he has thought me a lot of basics over the phone that are hard/impossible to abstract from a forum Good luck to you.
I have opened wholesale accounts from everywhere that i need to. Unfortunately i don't fit the category for club car to become a dealer just yet. I have spoken to them and they are looking to create a low volume used cart division for people just starting out. They also require a show room which i dont have either.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #30
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
...I also answered the other questions and never got a response. I have talked to my insurance agent and they dont think i need anything special for insurance. So i asked that to the guy what special insurance do i need? Crickets from him.

Then more people chimed in rudely, totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my book. Again i just asked 2 simple questions.
You want a reply? Okay... here we go!

Here's my experience from first starting out my business...
I've been a full time, sole proprietor, Locksmith for 22 years, and I didn't have the internet to ASK someone "how to pick a lock",

I was fortunate enough to have someone that shared their experience to help me to LEARN something that I didn't have A CLUE with what I was doing!
It took time for me to learn and figure out how I could make this work to my benefit... and it took a LOT of patients!
I read, and soaked up whatever information I could, BEFORE I even considered opening a business with the product I wanted to sell! (about 4 years)
And it's also fortunate for me that I'm a "People Person"... and that's a HUGE POSITIVE when considering going into business and dealing with the public.

For some reason, I don't see ANY of that in you from what I've read!
Heck... you never even said that you had any experience with repairing anything, or knowing how to use tools! (much less running a business)

and it's "Braking"!

IF... you want to sell a "fast cart" without safety features, go for it!
It just may get you into trouble, and put you out of business... FAST! (hence... good insurance!)

Take it for what you will!

Good luck!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car