lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #11
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1995 Medalist? (series motor)

Unfortunately it got too dark too fast when I got home. I'll have to start checking again in the morning. JonnieB, I don't know if you saw the pic of how I'm getting power from the three 12 volt batteries. I have a 10 gauge wire attached to the cart's 6 gauge wires from the bike on both the B+ and B-. I know I have to be loosing amps through there, but I can't figure out any other way of doing it.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Unfortunately it got too dark too fast when I got home. I'll have to start checking again in the morning. JonnieB, I don't know if you saw the pic of how I'm getting power from the three 12 volt batteries. I have a 10 gauge wire attached to the cart's 6 gauge wires from the bike on both the B+ and B-. I know I have to be loosing amps through there, but I can't figure out any other way of doing it.
I saw that, and that was why I asked what the voltage at the batteries was dropping to.

If the voltage at the batteries is staying up, you need to come up with a better way to connect the bike batteries to the cart. If the battery voltage is dropping, a higher AH battery pack is needed to test cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #13
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I saw that, and that was why I asked what the voltage at the batteries was dropping to.

If the voltage at the batteries is staying up, you need to come up with a better way to connect the bike batteries to the cart. If the battery voltage is dropping, a higher AH battery pack is needed to test cart.
Unfortunately, I think the low AH battery pack is going to be the problem. I'll know for sure in the morning. I'm not even 100% sure what condition these batteries are in. I should really just bite the bullet and get the correct batteries and see what happens. Thanks for all your help. I'll be back on late morning. Taking the 442 out for a ride in the morning with my son.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:21 AM   #14
Sideways
Gone Wild

Connect a 12v automotive battery charger to the battery pack your using to add a little more voltage to the pack.
I started with the 6v med setting when I tested everything during my rebuild..
I ended up putting the charger in the cart and used a long extension cord to move the cart around before I bought my new batteries.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Connect a 12v automotive battery charger to the battery pack your using to add a little more voltage to the pack.
I started with the 6v med setting when I tested everything during my rebuild..
I ended up putting the charger in the cart and used a long extension cord to move the cart around before I bought my new batteries.
Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure my charger has a 6 volt setting. I think it only has 12 volts slow, 12 volts fast and boost (jump start function). I'll have to take a look.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #16
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Okay, I finally had some time to work on the cart. I connected the 36 volt 12AH batteries again, but this time I had the red lead on the battery. Battery pack was showing 40 volts, but as soon as I turned the key on, the voltage went down to 38 and change. Once I pushed down on the throttle, the voltage went down to 20 volts. The solenoid is still clicking as soon as I turn the key on. I tried lifting up the pedal, but no luck. I really need some car batteries to see if this cart works. Where can I buy a new throttle switch?

Thanks,

Frank
Old 10-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #17
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

https://www.amazon.com/Accelerator-M...7-1A38E9-201-2

Is this the proper throttle micro switch for my cart?
Old 10-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #18
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This one: https://shop.txtsv.com/micro-switch-...ox-series-cars according to EZGO.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #19
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Thanks, you are right, that other one is not for a series motor. Thanks for catching that.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #20
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Okay, I just pulled the switch out and that number in the link I was given is correct. looking at the pic, I not sure the adjusting arm should be contact with the micro switch with the throttle at rest. Like I was previously told in this thread, this is probably why the solenoid is clicking as soon as I turn the key on. Not to mention, the switch doesn't even click when it's pressed, so I'm guessing it's stuck open. I did a continuity test on the switch and it's always showing continuity. the switch is definitely broken. I'm ordering a new switch and I'll see what happens. Thanks for all the help.

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4398.jpg (44.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO