lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Medalist? (series motor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Okay, I just pulled the switch out and that number in the link I was given is correct. looking at the pic, I not sure the adjusting arm should be contact with the micro switch with the throttle at rest. Like I was previously told in this thread, this is probably why the solenoid is clicking as soon as I turn the key on. Not to mention, the switch doesn't even click when it's pressed, so I'm guessing it's stuck open. I did a continuity test on the switch and it's always showing continuity. the switch is definitely broken. I'm ordering a new switch and I'll see what happens. Thanks for all the help.

Frank
The switch's lever arm should be depressed when the pedal is up. EZGO uses the NC (normally closed) contacts to activate the solenoid, so the switch's lever has to be released for the NC contacts to close.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Okay, I just pulled the switch out and that number in the link I was given is correct. looking at the pic, I not sure the adjusting arm should be contact with the micro switch with the throttle at rest. Like I was previously told in this thread, this is probably why the solenoid is clicking as soon as I turn the key on. Not to mention, the switch doesn't even click when it's pressed, so I'm guessing it's stuck open. I did a continuity test on the switch and it's always showing continuity. the switch is definitely broken. I'm ordering a new switch and I'll see what happens. Thanks for all the help.

Frank
Download the Service Manual - any year with ITS will work - and adjust. Yours looks out of adjustment.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Download the Service Manual - any year with ITS will work - and adjust. Yours looks out of adjustment.
Any year SERIES drive ITS will work, PDS specs are different.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Thanks. Never knew that.

Guess I ain't the only one catching things.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #25
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Okay, like I said, I’m ordering a new switch and I’ll check to see if it needs adjustment. So with the switch showing continuity all the time, how would that affect the function of the cart? Have a little patience with me, I’m learning as I go lol!!
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The switch is Normally Closed, meaning it is open with the throttle at rest. When you press the throttle, the switch closes.

The adjustment i was referring to is the collar looks like it only is barely holding the switch open. If I recall, mine (series) is about in the middle of the collar. Not a big deal, unless it somehow drops off on the other side of the collar.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks. Never knew that.

Guess I ain't the only one catching things.
There are three parts to the ITS circuit.
1. Power source - In the controller
2. ITS sensor - In the pedal box
3. Pedal position decoder - In the controller.

Always be sure to use the specs for the make/model of controller.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I knew the way EZGO and Alltrax uses the ITS is different, due to patent issues, and ways around it.

I figured the resting position of the slug ("plunger" in Parts Manual) and the MS collar ("cam" in Parts Manual) was immune to the differences?
Old 10-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I knew the way EZGO and Alltrax uses the ITS is different, due to patent issues, and ways around it.

I figured the resting position of the slug ("plunger" in Parts Manual) and the MS collar ("cam" in Parts Manual) was immune to the differences?
Series uses a 17/64 drill bit for a gauge and PDS uses a 7/32, but there is only 3/64 difference between the two and I can't imagine the spacing is that critical.

On the other hand the output voltages are significantly different, so the correct one is needed for troubleshooting.

IIRC: The ITS voltage for Series and DCS are the same while PDS is different and TXT-48V is different from PDS and Series. Also, the ITS carts that use Curtis 1204 and 1205 controller might be different also. (I don't have the specs on those handy)

----------
At least the ITS voltages on all Alltrax controllers are all the same and I've never seen anything mentioned about the spacing requirements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS adj 1 of 2.JPG (63.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS adj 2 of 2.JPG (52.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Adjust Pg-1.jpg (153.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Adjust Pg-2.jpg (143.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

OK. I should have specified I was only talking about mechanical adjustment, not electrical. I don't understand the drill bit difference, but I agree with you, it's probably insignificant.

Electrically, isn't a stock controller voltage range different than an Altrax'?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO