lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New battery tips

Going to get a new set of the US2200 batteries tomorrow.
Any tips on what to look for, date codes? How old should a battery be that I would be buying tomorrow? Check battery voltages? I want to make sure I end up with a good set , thanks
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2018, 05:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New battery tips

Yes, check date codes and voltages. You want them as close to the same on both counts. After the install check the water levels are 1/4 above the plates and charge - not ride. You can ride after the batteries get their first full charge.
After that follow the new battery break-in procedure on my website.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes, check date codes and voltages. You want them as close to the same on both counts. After the install check the water levels are 1/4 above the plates and charge - not ride. You can ride after the batteries get their first full charge.
After that follow the new battery break-in procedure on my website.
Thanks Scottyb, do date codes show month/year basically? So all same month would be ideal. How about time wise, how old on average should they be?
Old 11-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ideally: The freshest possible and as closely matched as possible. All date codes the same and from the same pallet if possible. Check water to be sure plates are covered. This shouldn't be an issue but you never know.
Make sure wires are correct after installing in cart. Put a voltmeter on battery mains after installation just to check for something odd. Like 42v on a 48v pack would be odd.
Charge batteries completely after installing in cart before first use if possible.
In my area a quality retailer would give you a lifter for the batteries.

All I can think of at the moment.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the batteries �� Installed the correctly, checked water levels, did not rise and let them charge on the DPI charger set to US battery. They finally finished charging but are at 42.8v which is only about 60% SoC. Is this normal? Should I unplug the DPI charger, let them sit for a while & replug/charge them again?
Old 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do not recharge/continue until you find the wiring problem. Batteries usually come off the pallet at about 80%. Battery voltage at charge port? Double check battery installation? Individual battery voltage?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

What were the individual and pack battery voltages before you started charging?

What are they now?

Check your voltmeter on your car / truck battery to confirm it is reading properly. Should be 12.7 v +. If not, change your multimeter battery and try it again.

Is the charger hooked up to the pack properly (first battery POSITIVE and last battery NEGATIVE)?

Are all batteries in the pack connected POSITIVE to NEGATIVE (is is real easy to have one reversed).

Perhaps post a few pictures of you pack showing the wiring.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #8
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Do not recharge/continue until you find the wiring problem. Batteries usually come off the pallet at about 80%. Battery voltage at charge port? Double check battery installation? Individual battery voltage?
I can say all seven batteries were exactly 6.12 on the pallet at the shop I purchased them from on Saturday mid day. They sat in the cart until yesterday afternoon when I finally connected everything and let them charge for what seemed like 11ish hours (I ‘ve read that is normal for first charge)
Old 11-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #9
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I will go home during lunch and triple check wiring, the multimeter, charge port voltage and the pack and individual voltages.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #10
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
I can say all seven batteries were exactly 6.12 on the pallet at the shop I purchased them from on Saturday mid day. They sat in the cart until yesterday afternoon when I finally connected everything and let them charge for what seemed like 11ish hours (I ‘ve read that is normal for first charge)
So I take it you have a 42 volt system?? with 7 batteries. It help a lot if in your first post that you tell us all about your cart, and then there is no misunderstanding.

Year of cart ?
Drive system ?
Volts of your cart ?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO