lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
smartjhawk
Not Yet Wild

Default no forward

just shakes when i go forward. reverse is fine. cable gets hot when in forward. repaced cable and no change. quit when under hard work.
smartjhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: no forward

Year, voltage, drive type - series, DCS, PDS, AC... - actual voltage of each battery and pack 12 hours after completion of charge,......

Has it done this since you bought it or is it a new symptom, did you do anything to it just before this started....

Which cable gets hot? Does it make a grinding sound, or just shake. You mentioned it has trouble under load. Is this in Reverse, since you said it doesn't go in forward?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
smartjhawk
Not Yet Wild

94, series, 36v, 6 12v batteries. I recently change the f/r switch but it worked fine for a few weeks. I pushed it pretty hard in the snow and it just stopped. Top cable going from switch to motor gets hot. Just barely shakes, no grinding. Solenoid clicks. Reverse works like a champ.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may have burned up the forward contacts in the F&R switch. To check if this is so swap the 2 cables in the 9 oclock and 3 oclock position on the back of the F&R. After doing that if the forward operation is fine and reverse is not then the F&R needs to be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
smartjhawk
Not Yet Wild

I swapped 3 and 9, now it seems to be fine, just opposite and reverse is faster. what the heck.....
Swapped em back and i am good to go. Any idea what could have caused it?
Old 12-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
rib33024

If it runs fine with the cables swap. Then move them back to where they should be. And tighten the nut in the middle on the F/R switch and see if it still works. And i don't think you have 6 - 12 volt batteries ??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
smartjhawk
Not Yet Wild

U are correct. 6 6v batteries. It is now working fine. Thx for the help. Why do I need to tighten the middle nut if I didn't loosen it?
Old 12-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just a little. 1/4 turn to re-tension the rotating contacts... and start saving for a new switch down the road.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO