lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Changing parameters on stock rxv controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgurganu View Post
I dont really want to change tire size need all the ground clearance I can get. Not looking to go any faster or spin the tires just want to be able to climb the occasional hill or go through a mud hole without stalling and having to get a running start. If I do have to change controllers what your opinion on the ezgo 350 amp vs Navitas 600 amp. Thanks
The Navitas "600 Amp" is 200 amps per phase, the RXV stock controller is 235 Amps per phase! And the top speed of a Navitas is less than the stock controller top speed. Turning a 23" tire AND climbing hills takes more power than a stock or Navitas controller can deliver. Only the 350 Amp Curtis controller can deliver that amount of power. Again, it will have to be reprogrammed to reach its full potential. I think usgicollector may still have a 350 Amp Curtis controller left for sale. Try sending him a PM.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #12
jgurganu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The Navitas "600 Amp" is 200 amps per phase, the RXV stock controller is 235 Amps per phase! And the top speed of a Navitas is less than the stock controller top speed. Turning a 23" tire AND climbing hills takes more power than a stock or Navitas controller can deliver. Only the 350 Amp Curtis controller can deliver that amount of power. Again, it will have to be reprogrammed to reach its full potential. I think usgicollector may still have a 350 Amp Curtis controller left for sale. Try sending him a PM.
Not able to buy a new controller right now but in the mean time are there any settings I can change that might stop it from stalling if I take off on a hill. Or is something possibly wrong with my cart I’ve read that rxvs were good at climbing hills but I have to get a running start or it stalls.
jgurganu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

23" and "hunting" seems mutually exclusive, unless you hunt where there are no hills? Also, are those 23" tires offroad tires, which I'd assume have much higher rolling resistance on pavement, not to mention mud-bogging up hill.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Not able to buy a new controller right now but in the mean time are there any settings I can change that might stop it from stalling if I take off on a hill. Or is something possibly wrong with my cart I’ve read that rxvs were good at climbing hills but I have to get a running start or it stalls.
There are no settings that you can access with a lower level programmer, even OEM. In order to turn these controllers up, you must have access to menus in the controller that are at Factory and Development level. The stock controller is not capable of delivering enough current to prevent your RXV from stalling with the load you are placing upon it. You are not the first to ask. Eventually, your stock controller will fail from the load it is under.

Yes, you have 23" tires and expect that not to affect torque where the rubber meets the ground. It's simple physics. Larger tires decrease torque by altering the effective gear ratio of the driveline. It takes power to overcome torque loss.

The RXV has the highest torque for the money when it comes to stock E-Z-GO carts.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
There are no settings that you can access with a lower level programmer, even OEM. In order to turn these controllers up, you must have access to menus in the controller that are at Factory and Development level. The stock controller is not capable of delivering enough current to prevent your RXV from stalling with the load you are placing upon it. You are not the first to ask. Eventually, your stock controller will fail from the load it is under.

Yes, you have 23" tires and expect that not to affect torque where the rubber meets the ground. It's simple physics. Larger tires decrease torque by altering the effective gear ratio of the driveline. It takes power to overcome torque loss.

The RXV has the highest torque for the money when it comes to stock E-Z-GO carts.

Bob
And it's only worse with mud tires, plowing through mud.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #16
jgurganu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Bob
Ok thanks for your time I’ll have to save up and get an upgraded controller.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:35 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok thanks for your time I’ll have to save up and get an upgraded controller.
Wouldn't reasonable tires be cheaper?

I know it might look silly, but you only need to worry about the two rears, until you can afford the other two.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Unless you need the ground clearance of 23" tires, couldn't you sell the four tires and the lift, and go with 20.5" tires?
Old 12-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #19
jgurganu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Really need the tallest tires I can get for ground clearance. Most of time don’t get over 10-15 mph so not worried about speed was just hoping to get a lite more tourqe for the occasional hill. May look into changing gears not sure yet.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Really need the tallest tires I can get for ground clearance. Most of time don’t get over 10-15 mph so not worried about speed was just hoping to get a lite more tourqe for the occasional hill. May look into changing gears not sure yet.
Gotcha. Most folks think a lift gives ground clearance, but not really.

Gears and/or controller may be whatcha need.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO