lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default INNOVA LED lights installed

I installed my INNOVA LED lights as soon as my TXT cart was delivered today. The sticky backing on the LED strip was pretty much DOA. I used double sided tape and the install was very easy. I recommend you use some form of clamp to support the strip as you install it. Once a fair amount of the strip is attached the double sided tape holds it up pretty well. I used double sided tape to install the controller above the rear drivers side support pillar on the roof. I ran my wires through the roof pillar and tucked the butt connectors inside the pillar. I ran the wires down through the pillar into the bagwell liner and used a Yak Power 12v fused box to power them. The Yak Power box fits perfectly flat into one side of the bagwell liner. The box has its own 15amp fuse, dual USB ports, and lighted on/off rocker switch. I should have a ton of power for the lights and more. The portability of the 12v source was a plus for me should I want to use it for other purposes.

Install was super easy and looks very clean. Some folks have complained about the app used to control the LED's but after some trial and error as well as a bit of research I have mine working very well. The main issue is for iPhone users who keep all of their music in the cloud. In order to use the app and have it sync your music you must load all of your songs directly to your iPhone or iPod HD. Once loaded they will appear within the lighting app whenever you shut it down then restart it. There are a few shortcomings like no playlists, no song search feature, etc. but in all its a great setup. I'll try and take some pics later of the install but here is the cart.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sigfla45; 12-22-2018 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: Adding Pic
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #2
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: INNOVA LED lights installed

AA battery remote controlled Xmas lights from amazon. They are simple, bright, and work perfectly. There was plenty of length to wrap around the cart using two strings. The remotes worked for both sets equally.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
sigfla45
Gone Wild

The Yak power box that sits in my bag well liner. I had it plugged in to charge so I didn’t get a pic sitting in the bagwell.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #4
sigfla45
Gone Wild

3 7AH batteries in the fused box with USB ports

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-2018, 12:10 AM   #5
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Bagwell liner. Wiring is rough bc I was setting it up for Xmas day.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Bluetooth controller for the LED’s on the roof. If I had to do this again I would start at the front right corner of the roof and end at the front left. This is bc the LED’s are super bright and will kinda blind you a bit while driving at night if they are facing you.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #7
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Carts Unlimited Digital Voltmeter mounted in the rear access panel. This was an easy install and only involved cutting the $25-30 plastic part. I would prefer a dash mount but I think in order to do that I would have to remove the dash for access to run the wires. This was much easier.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #8
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Ok so now that I have my aux 12v I decided to just run everything off of it. I rerouted my wires and loomed them up into the battery bay. I used wire splicing taps from Ace Hardware and tapped into my existing aux wires on the battery rather than install new terminals. Here is a short video of the music mode and an outside pic lit up. The Xmas lights are off to show the led's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fdRBTzG82M

https://imgur.com/xFVSUMs
Old 01-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #9
matothett
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfla45 View Post
I installed my INNOVA LED lights as soon as my TXT cart was delivered today. The sticky backing on the LED strip was pretty much DOA. I used double sided tape and the install was very easy. I recommend you use some form of clamp to support the strip as you install it. Once a fair amount of the strip is attached the double sided tape holds it up pretty well. I used double sided tape to install the controller above the rear drivers side support pillar on the roof. I ran my wires through the roof pillar and tucked the butt connectors inside the pillar. I ran the wires down through the pillar into the bagwell liner and used a Yak Power 12v fused box to power them. The Yak Power box fits perfectly flat into one side of the bagwell liner. The box has its own 15amp fuse, dual USB ports, and lighted on/off rocker switch. I should have a ton of power for the lights and more. The portability of the 12v source was a plus for me should I want to use it for other purposes.

Install was super easy and looks very clean. Some folks have complained about the app used to control the LED's but after some trial and error as well as a bit of research I have mine working very well. The main issue is for iPhone users who keep all of their music in the cloud. In order to use the app and have it sync your music you must load all of your songs directly to your iPhone or iPod HD. Once loaded they will appear within the lighting app whenever you shut it down then restart it. There are a few shortcomings like no playlists, no song search feature, etc. but in all its a great setup. I'll try and take some pics later of the install but here is the cart.

[IMG][/IMG]
What dash is that? I hate the cup holders in my cart. Only fits cans. I have tried a few hacks but nothing really holds. I need something for the Yetis.
matothett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #10
EzgoTXT2002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So in order to fix the "blinding issue" what are your plans ?

I was thinking you could put some kind of shielding up there
that blocks the light going toward your eyes but still allows it
to reflect forwards.

White plastic strip or metallic faced plastic strip of some kind ?

The Yak Power box looks like a great solution to a power problem
for those without a 12 volt source of onboard power.
EzgoTXT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO