lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 rxv in limp mode please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybadz View Post
Perfect. How do I test the bearing encoder.
It is a dual channel encoder, A and B, out of phase with one another. It requires both signals to be present, in proper phase, for the controller to accept it. The phase shift is so that the controller can determine rotation direction by the phase differential, and RPM by the pulse rate. To determine if you have outputs on A and B, you can use an "o-scope" to look for signals on those wires. They will be square wave pulses of 0V to 5V amplitude as the motor is rotated. The motor speed encoder operates from 5 VDC supplied by the controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And temp sensor should be between 400-1200 ohm if I recall. A failed sensor usually fails at fully-open or dead-short.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:24 AM   #13
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2009 rxv in limp mode please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
To determine if you have outputs on A and B, you can use an "o-scope" to look for signals on those wires. They will be square wave pulses of 0V to 5V amplitude as the motor is rotated.

Bob

One of these days I’d like to get my hands on a decent, newer oscilloscope. TEKTRONIX please!

It's a bit of a pain to change out a bearing encoder. I have a post from last year with instructions, that includes when to pause and enjoy some beer.

A bearing encoder assembly will cost you, worst case, around $200. I think the experts on this forum will agree, your issue is most likely the Bearing Encoder.

Bob's answer is technically correct. (He's also the expert I turn to when I'm confused.)

It's just the bearing encoder is 1/5th the price of a decent o-scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:05 AM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkredman View Post
One of these days I’d like to get my hands on a decent, newer oscilloscope. TEKTRONIX please!

It's a bit of a pain to change out a bearing encoder. I have a post from last year with instructions, that includes when to pause and enjoy some beer.

A bearing encoder assembly will cost you, worst case, around $200. I think the experts on this forum will agree, your issue is most likely the Bearing Encoder.

Bob's answer is technically correct. (He's also the expert I turn to when I'm confused.)

It's just the bearing encoder is 1/5th the price of a decent o-scope.
I pick up scopes on eBay sometimes for under $100. I keep a stack of low cost ones out in the shop for people to borrow when they visit.

When I was in FL working a project, I had to fly back home on a private plane to pick up one of my $15K Tektronix scopes. When it was time to head home, I had no room in the car for it and I had to leave it behind. I really did not want to, but the car was already packed full and overloaded. I was able to replace it eventually with an identical unit from an eBay seller for $100!

My main scope now is a Hewlett Packard with 4 front panel slots for upgradable scope modules. I have modules in it with 1 Ghz probes.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I pick up scopes on eBay sometimes for under $100. I keep a stack of low cost ones out in the shop for people to borrow when they visit.

When I was in FL working a project, I had to fly back home on a private plane to pick up one of my $15K Tektronix scopes. When it was time to head home, I had no room in the car for it and I had to leave it behind. I really did not want to, but the car was already packed full and overloaded. I was able to replace it eventually with an identical unit from an eBay seller for $100!

My main scope now is a Hewlett Packard with 4 front panel slots for upgradable scope modules. I have modules in it with 1 Ghz probes.

Bob
Oscilloscopes can often be found at HamFests:

http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/search/...SE/model:Event
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

The cheap diy-kits can be had fully assembled for around $30. They are pretty lame, and not much features, but will totally do the job of testing encoders. The best thing about those, they are small, portable (could be on cart while driving), and are so cheap you won't cry if it falls off and gets run over.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There used to be freeware software and a simple circuit that uses a computer's sound card. Obviously only good for audio frequencies.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #18
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Bob

I’ve developed a real problem with Hewlett Packard. Yes they MADE great test equipment. Now it seems they’re more interested in selling ink and toner at premium prices, and basically giving away the printers.

I don’t find much of any new test equipment sold under the HP name.

I realized I was screwed when I bought my latest Laserjet for a little over $200, and the first round of replacement toner cartridges cost me over $300....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:09 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkredman View Post
I’ve developed a real problem with Hewlett Packard. Yes they MADE great test equipment. Now it seems they’re more interested in selling ink and toner at premium prices, and basically giving away the printers.

I don’t find much of any new test equipment sold under the HP name.

I realized I was screwed when I bought my latest Laserjet for a little over $200, and the first round of replacement toner cartridges cost me over $300....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
****!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO