lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #11
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 EZGO TXT Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Somewhere on this forum there is a list of exactly which rivets are needed for a complete rebuild. I had the list when I did mine and cross checked it with the repair manual. Using that, I didn’t have a problem knowing what went where, but the kits don’t have every single rivet. I can’t remember now which ones were not included. Others here know the answer to that. I wanted to say that it was the dash rivets, but not sure. It sounds like bobbycason fixed that buy getting multiple kits. I sourced the others I needed from fastenal. I’d never riveted anything before, but after using the kit it was easy to figure out what size and type was needed to finish.

I also bought the hf larger style rivet gun. I ended up wishing I had just bought their pneumatic one. The one I bought (blue handles) is too large to get into some spots, so I had to buy a smaller one too. Also, the big one can kinda “jump” when it snaps off the rivet and scratch the paint if you’re not careful. The small one couldn’t do the large ss rivets that hold the body on. The pneumatic will do all sizes you will need.
Good point! I forgot to mention that. I learned that lesson the hard way putting in one of the ones on the front corner of the rear section. I broke the rear body down completely to make it a little easier to paint.

I bought rivet kits for a TXT not knowing any difference at the time of purchase. Once I started putting it back together it dawned on me the Medalist body has quite a few more rivets that the plastic TXT one. If someone already switched it to the plastic TXT body, or if you're planning to, then the rivet kits should have the right ones needed.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #12
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also an FYI any of the body's from 1994 to 2014 should fit your cart. I have a 95 Medalist with a 2014 front plastic, front roof struts, and roof. The front plastic on the Medalist nose seems to be a collectors item these days and are hard to find in good shape.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #13
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cartmaster and bobbycason, thanks for the info on the rivets.

Sir Nuke, I saved your pdf. Much appreciated.

Orangeman, thanks for the info. I read the thread where the fastener info resides and will go to Fastenal.

Texbama, I appreciated the info. I was leaning towards the LT lift. They add cool factor to the build too.

I have all of the body panels off, the dash off, floor pan off. Cleaned out enough dirt to start a garden. I have to get my frame repaired where the outer rails turn up at a 45 degree angle. One side is rusted through and the other side is well on its way. Looking for a local welder.

Any pointers on removing the pedals and all associated cables etc?
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #14
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have finally stripped the cart down to bare frame. Front and rear suspension came off pretty easily once I got the rusted front spring rear mount bolts loose.

I gotta buy a lot of fasteners.

Going to the welding shop tomorrow and drop the frame off. Not sure when I will get back on the project. I'm supposed to go to work in New York for two months and the end of January so I'm having to get ahead of some of my chores. I will be able to boost my bank account to afford all of my upgrades.

I power washed everything today. It all looks better clean. Even she who must be obeyed commented it actually looked like a valid project clean. She has frowned all the other times she looked at it so I suppose she is leaning to approval. She said she wants to drive it.

BTW, my body panels are metal, not plastic.

I'm going to upload my pics from the card to my Macbook in a bit so maybe I will try and post a few pics later.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Can't wait for the pics!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #16
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are my first pics. The cart looks pretty harmless with all the skin on. The horror lies beneath the skin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1068.jpg (190.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1071.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1072.jpg (215.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1074.jpg (214.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1075.jpg (220.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #17
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

These pics are through where I powerwashed the chassis before I dropped the front and rear suspensions. Some of the bad gulf coast cancers are shown as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1083.jpg (203.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1084.jpg (186.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1098.jpg (288.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1101.jpg (235.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1102.jpg (196.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Love that battery rack.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #19
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

These show the chassis all the way torn down ready for the welder.

I'm going to order a new battery tray tomorrow, and start ordering parts for items I destroyed during disassembly.

I'm going to try and hunt down the member who has the list of fasteners.

After the weld repair is complete I will take the chassis to a local blaster and get it blasted bare. I have decided on using POR-15 instead of powder coat. I used POR-15 on a 1965 Comet Cyclone I restored a long time ago. I viewed their products last night and I believe they are my best option.

That 2 HP motor has got to go.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1108.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1111.jpg (193.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1112.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1113.jpg (203.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #20
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Love that battery rack.
The white painted boards were freaking awesome!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO