lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
bobvk1200lt
Not Yet Wild

Default New purchase 2011 EZGO shuttle 4 project

just picked up this EZGO "farm cart". seller said the charger was dead. i can fix those easy, so i pulled the trigger and bought it. brought it home and charged her up. getting 48 - 50 volts on the battery pack. won't go - no big solenoid click. i've got power to the key switch. the charge gauge lights up. the fwd/rev switch is working. the tow switch toggles 48 v to the key switch. got 48 v at the hot side of the big solenoid. got 48 v to several pins on the 24 pin curtis sepex controller. not sure where to go from here. thx, bob.
bobvk1200lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New purchase 2011 EZGO shuttle 4 project

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a diagram showing all the pin that have to have 48V on them to activate solenoid.

Pin-5 is from the charger receptacle and only has 48V on it when there is no charger connected. No voltage on Pin-5 is a common failure, as is no voltage on Pin-6 (from pedal switch).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXT48 solenoid activation.JPG (172.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
bobvk1200lt
Not Yet Wild

thank you johnnieb. i need to check a few more items, but i am leaning towards bad controller. is there an outfit out there that can test and/or repair curtis sepex controllers?? thanks for the wiring diagram.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
bobvk1200lt
Not Yet Wild

i have a couple of more troubleshooting tid bits. 1. the 15 volt reference voltage is missing to the motor speed sensor. 2. 337 ohms across the main solenoid coil. does that sound about right? 3. there is a jumper wire across the yellow/white wire. is there supposed to be a resistor there? thx, bob
Old 01-28-2019, 07:48 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

1. No speed senor input to the controller should keep the solenoid from clicking, or keep cart from moving, but it would be in a limp mode.

2. That sounds about right, gives you about 150ma of current through the coil. Was that measured with the wire(s) off one or both of the coil terminals?

3. Ought to be a blue wire on one coil terminal and two (yel and wht/yel) on the other. No diode between the coil terminal. Resistor between the large terminals.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:52 PM   #7
bobvk1200lt
Not Yet Wild

i took both small wires off the coil when measuring the resistance. still no solenoid click, no cart movement. i think no 15 volts to the speed sensor on the motor means controller failure??? what do you think? thx, bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO