lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #1
RickArballo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Reverse buzzer stays and cart won’t move

Hello all.. I have an 96 EZGO 36 volt DCS.. cart was running fine and the solenoid caught on fire.. Replaced all batteries, battery cables with 2AWG, the solenoid and any loose connectors I found.. Everything was fine after that.. the next day the wife drops the kids off at school and coming home it just stopped and the reverse buzzer came on and it hasn’t moved since.. I’m pulling out my hair trying to find the problem.. I’ve done all the tests I could find on here but everything test good.. I’m thinking the speed controller is the next thing to replace but I would like to upgrade it to 400a or 500a but I’m not sure what else would need to be upgraded besides maybe the solenoid.. has anyone else had any similar issues or ideas thinking it could be something else besides the controller..? The 2 micro switches on the F&R switch both tested good.. any advice would help.! Thanks in advance
RickArballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse buzzer stays and cart won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickArballo View Post
Hello all.. I have an 96 EZGO 36 volt DCS.. cart was running fine and the solenoid caught on fire.. Replaced all batteries, battery cables with 2AWG, the solenoid and any loose connectors I found.. Everything was fine after that.. the next day the wife drops the kids off at school and coming home it just stopped and the reverse buzzer came on and it hasn’t moved since.. I’m pulling out my hair trying to find the problem.. I’ve done all the tests I could find on here but everything test good.. I’m thinking the speed controller is the next thing to replace but I would like to upgrade it to 400a or 500a but I’m not sure what else would need to be upgraded besides maybe the solenoid.. has anyone else had any similar issues or ideas thinking it could be something else besides the controller..? The 2 micro switches on the F&R switch both tested good.. any advice would help.! Thanks in advance
It is likely the controller. The DCS controller was not a good controller. It has no low voltage protection. You would be better off replacing it with an Alltrax controller. Get the 400A solenoid, and maybe a better FNR switch...

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

Scroll down to item #7 or item #8. item #8 includes a fan for free.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
RickArballo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse buzzer stays and cart won’t move

Ok thank you, I’ll go that route..
RickArballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO