lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
scotp
Not Yet Wild

Angry 1998 EZGO TXT with no power

I am completely frustrated. Have a 1998 ezgo txt 36v that suddenly lost power. Negative side of the solenoid was fried to the point in melted the terminal and wires. Purchased and installed a new solenoid (36v) with new resistor and diode. diode is pointing in the right direction. New key switch and key. Still have no power. Do not have a reed switch in the charging receptacle, so that is no problem unless the reed switch could be in a different location. Reverse buzzer works. Somebody please help because I am about to catch the cart on fire. Batteries are good and charged. Battery pack is charged. Used my multi meter to check. Drive is Series. Thank you.
scotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1998 EZGO TXT with no power

Welcome!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #3
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the madness.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotp View Post
I am completely frustrated. Have a 1998 ezgo txt 36v that suddenly lost power. Negative side of the solenoid was fried to the point in melted the terminal and wires. Purchased and installed a new solenoid (36v) with new resistor and diode. diode is pointing in the right direction. New key switch and key. Still have no power. Do not have a reed switch in the charging receptacle, so that is no problem unless the reed switch could be in a different location. Reverse buzzer works. Somebody please help because I am about to catch the cart on fire. Batteries are good and charged. Battery pack is charged. Used my multi meter to check. Drive is Series. Thank you.
Series? If so, attached is the wiring diagram. Confirm pack voltage along that whole path to get solenoid to click.

If not series, there are other diagrams in the stickies.

What the heck caused the terminal to melt? Assuming you have checked all other wires and cables? If something was so bad as to melt that terminal, did a micro switch get fried too?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think orange forgot something so how about this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6B002A9E-7B7F-4CEF-AB6C-A06B93E6EF48.jpeg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #6
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotp View Post
When you say "no power" what do you mean exactly? Cart doesn't move when you press the pedal?
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:24 AM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Yeah, wasn’t a lot of help, was I? Thanks for picking me up. 👍
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
scotp
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Series? If so, attached is the wiring diagram. Confirm pack voltage along that whole path to get solenoid to click.

If not series, there are other diagrams in the stickies.

What the heck caused the terminal to melt? Assuming you have checked all other wires and cables? If something was so bad as to melt that terminal, did a micro switch get fried too?
Not sure what caused the meltdown on the solenoid. Started investigating when power shut down, I saw that the negative terminal on the solenoid had melted. Not sure about the micro switch because I do not what or where the micro switch is. Can you help? Thanks!!
Old 02-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
scotp
Not Yet Wild

Backup buzzer works perfectly. No power when I push down the pedal. Each battery is fully charged, and the battery pack is fully charged. New batteries. The batteries only have been used about 4 total hours.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #10
scotp
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Thanks for the diagram. However, I am not very good at reading diagrams. My ADD kicks in, and get very confused quickly. LOL!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO