lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Voltages. How do they look?

2014 RXV after full charge and sitting with 6 8volt batteries

Full pack 51.8 volts
All 6 batteries had 8.6volts

What state of charge should I check next?
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Voltages. How do they look?

is this a good reading?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Recheck the batteries, this time collect data to the hundredths of a volt. Then compare readings to one of the many SOC charts that apply to your brand of battery.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I looked at charts on Trojan website an it says they should have 9.3v per battery and 56v for the pack after a full charge. This was hours after a full charge so maybe just sitting brought the volts down?
Old 02-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those numbers are clearly "on charge" numbers. No 48v pack will ever sit that high with no charger power being applied. The power will drop significantly within the first minute after the charger shuts off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

according to my battery meter I am down in the 80 % range after driving a couple of miles. need help to determine if my batteries are weak or if my reducer is draining batteries and if I need a new reducer. Key does have to be on for lights to work
Old 02-07-2019, 08:50 PM   #7
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What are you using for a “battery meter “ when driving? Unless it is a volt meter, it’s not a valid measure of state of charge after a few mile drive.
Your after charged battery voltage looks good. Knowing specific gravity of each battery after charge can also be helpful in monitoring battery condition.
If concerned 12 volt reducer is causing drain, use amp meter to see if or how much reducer is drawing when not being used.
Another method is disconnect reducer and see what battery voltage is after cart sets unused for a day, them after charging do same test with reducer connected.
Most will recommend a voltmeter opposed to stock bar/ gas gauge battery monitor in dash to show true battery condition under load. ��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #8
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
What are you using for a “battery meter “ when driving? Unless it is a volt meter, it’s not a valid measure of state of charge after a few mile drive.
Your after charged battery voltage looks good. Knowing specific gravity of each battery after charge can also be helpful in monitoring battery condition.
If concerned 12 volt reducer is causing drain, use amp meter to see if or how much reducer is drawing when not being used.
Another method is disconnect reducer and see what battery voltage is after cart sets unused for a day, them after charging do same test with reducer connected.
Most will recommend a voltmeter opposed to stock bar/ gas gauge battery monitor in dash to show true battery condition under load. ��
I use a volt meter for testing but when I am out just riding I use battery meter on the dash to let me know when to head home. Just wondering how accurate it is because it drops down in to 80% range after only a couple of miles.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #9
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Are you are using the digital meter that plugs into the harness and replaces the factory gauge? I have one on my RXV and the voltage shown matches my multi meter within one tenth of a volt. But the state of charge percentage shown is always a lot lower than it should be for the voltage shown. I just use the voltmeter function and ignore the rest.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #10
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
Are you are using the digital meter that plugs into the harness and replaces the factory gauge? I have one on my RXV and the voltage shown matches my multi meter within one tenth of a volt. But the state of charge percentage shown is always a lot lower than it should be for the voltage shown. I just use the voltmeter function and ignore the rest.
yes I have a digital one that plugs into the harness. I will try that and see how it looks. I guess I can go by what the chart says volts should be at 50% battery life
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO