lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 CC DS throwing main drop out fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
-snip-
Adding a diode or the Club Car "dropout harness" should fix the issue.
Sergio/tw81, just an FYI but Club Car discontinued the Main Dropout Harness last month. No reason given, but none can be purchased from them and what is out in the market place is all there is unless someone starts making their own version of them.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #12
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Update...I’ve replaced the main harness because after butchering the last one trying to remedy the situation to no avail. I’m still getting the same main coil fault/main dropout from before. I’ve changed the solenoid and MCOR and STILL am getting the same results. I’m also getting voltage drops on the handheld that I’m not getting on my meter...drops so low; (30v and under) that’s it’s triggering low voltage faults. Any ideas? Controller is what I’m guessing but what would cause this to just start happening all of a sudden??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I know you have replaced it already, but everything you state says "Main Contactor" to me....
Old 06-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #14
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Yessir I’ve replaced with a brand new and even tried the old one for shids and giggles. I’m thinking something’s going with the controller due to the voltage not only dropping severely but also shooting up past 50v (on the handheld not my meter) and FYI these voltage fluctuations happen every time I get the cart to engage with the pedal.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:19 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is just strange occurrences from within the controller. But if you have one to swap out to test I guess that will confirm the theory..... I want to know now....
Old 06-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #16
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I have one but it’s not the same model number and I tried it today and couldn’t get any activation. Gonna send this one off and I’ll keep you posted

Old 06-04-2019, 05:33 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have already provided plenty of voltage drop in the Gray aux power using the diodes, the issue has to be inside the Controller at this point.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #18
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Hey guys...back on this demon cart. I’ve replaced the controller, solenoid and main harness and yet I STILL have the main drop out issue [emoji2361]. Could this be a motor issue I’m having??

Old 06-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You bring up a good point and based on the gremlins you are seeing, maybe a winding or something intermittently opening under heat.... I am really lost too and would try that next. You can test it, but it will not reveal anything (Continuity and Ohms) unless it is occurring at that time....
Old 06-17-2019, 09:14 PM   #20
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I’ve actually got 2 of these carts doing the exact same thing; one is an ‘01 that I’m converting over to an IQ and this one (2010). Both have new main harnesses, new solenoids, and controllers. Both are now throwing a combination of the “main dropout/open armature” faults. They both run the same 10-20 feet before stopping. And they both are showing dramatic voltage drops & spikes ON THE HANDHELD but NOT ON THE METER. I pulled the motor off the 2001 today and didn’t see anything obvious but I didn’t do any resistance tests yet. Weird crazy stuff

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car