lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2020, 08:38 AM   #1
Jlazglez
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT PDS high and low switch question

Hi All,

A buddy of mine recently purchased an EZGO with a high and low switch just above the tow and run mode switch. I can’t find any info on whether this is a good idea or not, so I’m hopping y’all can help me. Here’s a link to a site that sells the switch.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...witch-13163359

I had been considering getting a couple of chips for my ezgo since I live in an area with a ton of hills. Please let me know what is best.

Thanks!
Jlazglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT PDS high and low switch question

When I was running a stock PDS controller I installed a SPST switch in the jumper between J2 Pins 2 & 3, allowing me to switch between Freedom and Mild Hill modes. The Run/Tow switch has to be cycled to get controller to change modes, so I had to stop and lift the seat to change modes.

By adding two SPST switches and moving the Run/Tow switch to the dash or other easily accessible area, changing modes would be easier.

Here is a chart showing which pins on J2 to jumper for each mode and a chart showing the top speed and regen braking strength for each.

I didn't notice any performance difference between modes, other than top speed and amount of regen braking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: EZGO TXT PDS high and low switch question

Buy yourself 2 toggle switches and a speed chip. Red 2 wires. Take the R/T switch and extend all the wires to the dash area. You will have all 4 chips in one. Depending on how you have the toggle switches. You snip the 2 red wires and run a toggle switch between them. This will change the chip setting.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #4
Brown32
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
When I was running a stock PDS controller I installed a SPST switch in the jumper between J2 Pins 2 & 3, allowing me to switch between Freedom and Mild Hill modes. The Run/Tow switch has to be cycled to get controller to change modes, so I had to stop and lift the seat to change modes.

By adding two SPST switches and moving the Run/Tow switch to the dash or other easily accessible area, changing modes would be easier.

Here is a chart showing which pins on J2 to jumper for each mode and a chart showing the top speed and regen braking strength for each.

I didn't notice any performance difference between modes, other than top speed and amount of regen braking.
Johnnie are you saying that there is not additional torque created by the "torque/hill" jumper? So with oversized tires on a stock pds what would be the optimal jumper to use?
Brown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown32 View Post
Johnnie are you saying that there is not additional torque created by the "torque/hill" jumper? So with oversized tires on a stock pds what would be the optimal jumper to use?
There no jumper plug by that name.

The names of the performance plugs and their effect are listed on the charts I attached to Post#2.

None of the four performance modes will keep oversized tires from burning out the stock PDS controller or stock PDS motor, so get the freedom plug (two red jumper wires) and try the four modes by making and braking the jumpers to see which ones you like while saving up for the aftermarket controller, solenoid and motor needed to turn tall tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
Jlazglez
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

Thank you JohnnieB for all of the info that you shared, I really appreciate it. I finally got around to ordering my freedom chip and it should be here tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes! :)
Jlazglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO