lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
1010Maitland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default New Motor and Controller Questions

So I just got a new motor and controller. Now I'm sure the first question that's going to be asked is what motor and what controller. To answer that... I don't know. I got the cart delivered back at 6:30 tonight and I spent my time testing it out rather than taking the cart apart.

With that being said, the cart drives WAYYY different than before. Just a couple observations and hopefully some of your comments. BTW, no lift kit and no big tires. They are 12 inch rims and wheels look standard.

1. Cart goes from 0-5mph in a millisecond. Then slowly gets faster.
2. On a flat road it'll now go 21mph or so.
3. Going up a steep hill, it goes from 21mph to 11mph and will not go any faster. Had myself and my 15yo daughter in the cart.
4. When I take my foot off the gas, it seemed as though the cart would slow down on its own. Now it doesn't slow down at all, just keeps going and picks up speed. Got up to 26 before I hit the brakes.

So as I understand things, some controllers are programmable and some not. Guess I need to get the model number of the controller and brand.

Any thoughts from y'all about what I'm experiencing. I'd like to go almost as fast uphill as on flat roads and not drop speed by 50%. Thanks for any help in advance.
1010Maitland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Motor and Controller Questions

If you want to go up them hills faster you're going to have to replace the motor again. This time one with more horsepower. At this point I can go up hills as fast as I used to go on flat land. Here's what it took. A 500 amp Alltrax Controller, a 6hp AMD motor, a 4 inch lift so I could fit 20 inch tires under it and a 300lb weight loss going to lithium or maybe it was going to a 56v battery.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:50 PM   #3
1010Maitland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Motor and Controller Questions

Well that's not what I want to hear. HAHA. Hopefully that's not my only option. I've asked the shop for the box for the motor and controller with all the paperwork. That should help me determine what I have which will help determine what I need.
1010Maitland is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car