lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez mobility View Post
Ok. Thanks a bunch. So glad we found someone that could give an understandable answer!
You wouldn’t believe how much wrong advise we have received!☹️
I retired from auto service so we never got into sepex or series motors. Of course now with electric vehicles, technicians will Need more training.
Hopefully you will keep posting and helping us learn more.
Thanks again
I taught troubleshooting in the Air Force's Biomedical Equipment Repair school back int the '70's, so I've had some practice explaining how things work.

I had worked with series motors (Drive systems for mobile X-ray machine, robotic delivery systems and the like), but barely know sepex systems existed until I bought a 2008 PDS golf cart that had one back in 2011.

The information is out there, but you have to filter out the good from the bad, so most everything reverts back to the basic laws of physics and a good understanding of the basics is needed to build upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez mobility View Post
Oops, one last? What do u think about using lithium batteries in carts? I found some good used that doesn't cost too much more than the lead acids. Thanks
I'm 77, so I'll probably kick the bucket before the price of the various Lithium technologies will get low enough for me to afford it and I haven't looked into it much.

There is an EZGO Lithium forum that might be of more help to you.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #12
Ez mobility
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Motor overheating

Thanks again. I'll look into the battery forum.
Ez mobility is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wires melting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO