lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Mcor issue?

2001 DS 48v regen when the cart is up on a jack wheels off the ground the output voltage of the mcor matches the input 4.67volts at WOT then when I put it on the ground the output drops to 3.4 volts at WOT ? I'm on my 3rd mcor they all ohm good the other 2 mcors (older Version) would work intermittent at 4.67volts the cart goes 19-22mph then would cut down to 2.5volts 5-6 mph and 3.4volts 11-14mph all while the input stays at 4.67volts the newer version mcor also cuts down to 3.5 volts 11-14mph while on the ground. Im charging the batteries now to see if that helps it was going to 43.3-47 volts while on the ground and staying at 48.3 volts off the ground. any input is appreciated. Im thinking it might be a wire connector issue I'm going to look into it deeper but just wondering if anybody has experienced this before. ? thank you
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Mcor issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smille5291 View Post
.... Im charging the batteries now to see if that helps it was going to 43.3-47 volts while on the ground and staying at 48.3 volts off the ground. any input is appreciated. ....
With wheels off the ground there is barely any load on the motor/batteries.
Wheels on the ground now has a load on the system so a drop in voltage when under load is normal.
Those voltages seem low in general.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

48.3v Pack voltage is almost dead.

Where are you buying these MCORs? If they're aftermarket, Made in China, that's probably part of the problem.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

1 was original or at least what was on it the second one I bought online yes prob Chinese because who the hell wants to pay $150 for that POS. so it didn't do the job so I paid the piper got the updated version same exact results. both ohm out perfect. but the voltage is not right. maybe if the third wire is a ground maybe that might be the problem. ?
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car