lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #11
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez go won't move

Gotcha ! Thanks for the info ill post back if I find the solution 👍
Corncheeto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2020, 07:27 AM   #12
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Why would there be voltage at both small terminals if one of the small terminals is hooked up to b- which is also hooked to battery pack negative ?
Shouldn't there only be voltage on side with the red wires ? I would think if voltage was present on the negative side it would short the batteries or the controller
Old 07-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncheeto16 View Post
Why would there be voltage at both small terminals if one of the small terminals is hooked up to b- which is also hooked to battery pack negative ?
Shouldn't there only be voltage on side with the red wires ? I would think if voltage was present on the negative side it would short the batteries or the controller
You are right, I forgot it was a stock series drive.

With sepex drives the controller connects B- to the solenoid coil when the pedal is pushed and you get voltage on both sides before it is pushed. Same with some aftermarket series drive controllers also.

With a stock series controller, one side of the solenoid coil is always connected to B- and the pedal switch is the last switch that has to be closed to get B+ to the other side of the solenoid coil.

BTW: If the was voltage on both sides, the wire from the solenoid coil to the controllers B- terminal would be open.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #14
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

So I fried my pedal micro switch by putting my diode on the solenoid backwarda. Anyhow I went ahead and replaced my pedal micro switch , ITS sensor , solenoid , and diode. Its all installed but before I hook my pack back up to test it I want to make sure my micro switches on my direction selector were good so I tested for contenuity with my dvm. The reverse micro switch closes as it should when the cart is in reverse but what I don't understand is my forward micro switch stay closed constantly no matter if it's in forward or reverse. I can use my finger and pull up to make the switch click.or (open). But the rotory "puck" isn't pushing the switch up to open it .

Is this normal ?
Old 07-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is the Run switch and that is normal.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #16
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I hooked up my pack and followed the steps in the tech manual. My solenoid is clicking when pedal is pressed in forward direction. No voltage between b+ and m-..so I says go to step 16. Reading between b- and red wire going into 4 pin connector on the controller side ( connector leading to pedal box ) full pack voltage is present on both sides of this plug on the red wire all the way to the micro switch in the pedal box. The tech manual says to correct red wire if pack voltage is present. I don't understand ? This red wire goes straight to the positive small terminal of my solenoid. Exactly how the wiring schematic says that wire is supposed to be routed.

I have added screen shots of the steps I'm talking about
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200710-165514_Drive.jpg (52.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200710-165526_Drive.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looks like EZGO's proof reader wasn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer, it should have sent you to step 23 to check the ITS. The steps shown in the parenthesis below the screw-up are correct.

The are several errors in EZGO manuals.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:03 PM   #18
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Well I really appreciate all yalls help. My diagnostics have lead straight to the controller being bad. Too much voltage coming from pin 2 on controller (black wire )

I have this cart down to the frame with no body for restoration purposes. Would it be better to get the PDS system and harness or a better controller or just stick with the 1206 Curtis stock controller ?
Old 07-10-2020, 06:55 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Depends on what you plan to use the cart for. For off road, hunting and hauling/pulling stuff, stick with a series drive. For cruising the neighborhood, go with a sepex drive.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #20
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Can I upgrade to a PDS system to get rid of that giant forward and reverse switch but still have my stock series motor on a 400 amp alltrax controller ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO