lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2020, 01:09 PM   #11
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Re: New XCT controller adjusting alltrax toolkit

Ok, I am going to test it this afternoon if there is no rain here. I am anxious to see how it will compare with the speed sensor disconnected and disabled in the toolkit vs. connected and enabled. I also want to see how much a difference the max rpm slider makes... It is currently set to 5500 I think I am going to up it to 6500 after I run it. Also, what do you have your throttle % set to Johnny? Your screen shot didn't capture it. I think mine was set at 25%. I assume this is the "take off" speed?
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

25% is default - you can crank it up or down. This is how fast the throttle ramps up or reacts to throttle input signal at any speed
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #13
georgia088
Gone Wild

I ran it just like the controller came except I have the speed sensor disabled and not hooked up. My speed was 26 mph. I watched on the monitor section of the tool kit. My throttle never got above 98% and never drops below 2% when it is sitting still. And it is reading small amps from the motor and armature when it is sitting still and the key is on. Is this normal? When the key is off everything go to 0.

My pack voltage is 50.xx volts, but it did drop down to 44v while I was riding. Is this normal?

Also, I do feel a slight resistance in the cart when it is slowly rolling down the hill (sometimes) it feels to me like it is the regen braking or some kind of braking in the motor. But this shouldn’t be happening if the speed sensor is disabled should it? It doesn’t feel like dragging brakes or bearings to me.
I see where I can “monitor” the toolkit and record to a file. Would this be beneficial for y’all? I did it but I either don’t understand it or don’t have the correct software to open it.

Thanks again for all the input!
Old 07-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #14
georgia088
Gone Wild

Also, I have had my cart charging for the past hour. I got on it and rode it 200 yards and got off and the solenoid (new hd one is too hot too touch). Any ideas?
The key was on while it was charging too. Not sure if that matters.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
Ok, I am going to test it this afternoon if there is no rain here. I am anxious to see how it will compare with the speed sensor disconnected and disabled in the toolkit vs. connected and enabled. I also want to see how much a difference the max rpm slider makes... It is currently set to 5500 I think I am going to up it to 6500 after I run it. Also, what do you have your throttle % set to Johnny? Your screen shot didn't capture it. I think mine was set at 25%. I assume this is the "take off" speed?
My cart has 17" tall tires (5.6% torque gain over stock height tires) and my motor produces 30% more torque than a stock PDS motor and spins at a 5.9% higher RPM for any given cart speed than it would with stock height tires. In a nutshell, I have to use a very low throttle rate as well as a significantly modified throttle linearity, torque and speed curves to be able to accelerate from a standstill on grass without spinning my turf tires. With a 25% setting, I cannot take off on dry pavement without leaving rubber.

Like Scottie said, play with it and find what works best for your cart's setup.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I ran it just like the controller came except I have the speed sensor disabled and not hooked up. My speed was 26 mph. I watched on the monitor section of the tool kit.

1. My throttle never got above 98% and never drops below 2% when it is sitting still. And it is reading small amps from the motor and armature when it is sitting still and the key is on. Is this normal? When the key is off everything go to 0.

2. My pack voltage is 50.xx volts, but it did drop down to 44v while I was riding. Is this normal?

3. Also, I do feel a slight resistance in the cart when it is slowly rolling down the hill (sometimes) it feels to me like it is the regen braking or some kind of braking in the motor. But this shouldn’t be happening if the speed sensor is disabled should it? It doesn’t feel like dragging brakes or bearings to me.

4. I see where I can “monitor” the toolkit and record to a file. Would this be beneficial for y’all? I did it but I either don’t understand it or don’t have the correct software to open it.

Thanks again for all the input!
1. I get about 0.4A motor amps and occasionally about .01A field amps when the key is on, but no battery amps. I not sure why and I never looked into it.

2. A battery's voltage drops while amps are being drawn from it. Question how many amps are being drawn to cause the voltage drop you see.

3. Is the beeper beeping rapidly when you feel the resistance? If it is, the walkaway safety feature is being activated.

4. Open the .csv (coma separated values) file with a spreadsheet program.
You cannot attach a .csv file to a BGW post, so zip it and attach the.zip file.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Also, I have had my cart charging for the past hour. I got on it and rode it 200 yards and got off and the solenoid (new hd one is too hot too touch). Any ideas?
The key was on while it was charging too. Not sure if that matters.
Something is wrong. Is the solenoid staying energized with pedal up?

Look in the data log. Does the "relay" column have a "1" in it when the "foot switch" column is "0"?

-----------
I try my best not to charge with key on or direction selected.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #18
georgia088
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. I get about 0.4A motor amps and occasionally about .01A field amps when the key is on, but no battery amps. I not sure why and I never looked into it.

2. A battery's voltage drops while amps are being drawn from it. Question how many amps are being drawn to cause the voltage drop you see. I will run it a little later and find out for sure. Just trying to tell you off of memory, I think the highest amperage I saw was around 140-150. That could be way off. I am not sure. I will try and run the monitor and get the file uploaded on here. I didn't notice that it was a .csv file. I was able to look at the one file that I saved but I just pressed the pedal and allowed very little movement.

3. Is the beeper beeping rapidly when you feel the resistance? If it is, the walkaway safety feature is being activated. I have the beeper disconnected on the cart (this is probably not the greatest idea, but I hate that annoying sound). Is the walkaway safety feature turned on/off within the alltrax toolkit?

4. Open the .csv (coma separated values) file with a spreadsheet program.
You cannot attach a .csv file to a BGW post, so zip it and attach the.zip file.
I will try to get this uploaded this afternoon.

[QUOTE=JohnnieB;1745385]Something is wrong. Is the solenoid staying energized with pedal up? I don't think so. I hear it click on and stay energized for 5-10 seconds when the key switch is turned on. Then you can hear it click off. Then I hear it click each time the pedal is pressed. This seems normal to me.

Look in the data log. Does the "relay" column have a "1" in it when the "foot switch" column is "0"? I have looked. I do see a short instance where the relay column has a 1 and there is a 0 in the foot switch column, but this only seems to be for a short period after the foot switch goes back to 0 from one. I assume this is after the foot pedal is released, the solenoid stays energized for a short period??
Old 07-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Solenoids do get warm when energized, but not too hot to touch, so we have to figure out why it is getting hot. Could be it is staying energized. Could be the coil isn't rated for 48V. Could by exceptionally high amps passing through the contacts. Might be your "To hot to Touch" is just "Warm" on somebody else's fingertips.

Form the sounds of things, it isn't staying energized.

----------
The manual says the walkaway feature doesn't work without the speed sensor, but I've seen the manual wrong about other things, so save a data log while pushing cart and getting resistance. If the Regen braking is kicking it, it'll show up on the log as negative numbers in the Battery Amps and Motor Amps columns.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:19 PM   #20
georgia088
Gone Wild

I think I have attached the file correctly.... I was in a rush (doing this on my lunch break ), and I forgot to even feel of the solenoid after this run. Could the solenoid being very very hot yesterday have something to do with the charging process? I don't think it should but just wondering if it could. I have a dpi 48v charger....

P.S. I guess I should note that I did connect the speed sensor and enable it in the tool kit for this run. Also, according to my gps I was running around 28 maybe slightly higher mph with a fully charged battery.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor 2.zip (11.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO