lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
Ashman
Not Yet Wild

Default Bypassing V-Glide & installing a series controller on a 93 Club Car DS

I bought a 93 Club Car DS about a year ago and have been slowly upgrading it. I replaced the batteries (36V) & gear shift, and installed an upgraded series motor. It only went about 7-8 MPH beforehand & I bought a motor that is supposed to go about 24 MPH with the same torque. I drove on it for a couple of months before it burned through the V-Glide--literally melted the thing and the wires attached to it.

After replacing V-Glide, it still gave off a little burning smell, so I replaced all the 6 gauge wiring with 2 gauge, because, why not go heavy & make sure it can handle the amperage? Check "old corroded wires" off the list of possible causes. Still smells like burning & it's making me nervous.

I called the company I bought the motor from and they suggested installing a series controller (minimum 300 amp) and bypassing the V-Glide. Has anyone done this? What kind should I get? Bear in mind that this is an old golf cart and I'd like to stay on the cheap side. What do I need to know to get this thing running without smelling like it's about to catch fire?

This is my first golf cart so please dumb it down for me.

Thanks!
Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car