lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 36v ezgo txt motor dead? Best place to get new one?

Took the motor off my 1997 txt after it would only drive a few feet then stop. Was hoping it was a brush issue but they look good. What are my best options here for a new motor?

I would post images but I cant yet as new members aren't allowed. The motor is very black inside the the main power wire is barely connected to the windings inside the motor.
cowsgonemadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1997 36v ezgo txt motor dead? Best place to get new one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsgonemadd3 View Post
Took the motor off my 1997 txt after it would only drive a few feet then stop. Was hoping it was a brush issue but they look good. What are my best options here for a new motor?

I would post images but I cant yet as new members aren't allowed. The motor is very black inside the the main power wire is barely connected to the windings inside the motor.
I had this same issue with my ‘96 TXT. I opted for a stock replacement from D&D Motor Systems. It works great, and is reasonable. This isn’t a light purchase though, motors and controllers seems to always bring the flys out of my wallet... 🙁 let me know if you have any other questions!
bthinerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:39 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

before spending the full price of a new motor, see if there is a reliable motor shop if your area that could take a look at it for you, may save you a wad of cash if all it truly needs is a simple rebuild.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #4
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

I called a few places and it appears nobody repairs old DC motors near me. One motor repair place that said they fix all motor types said that old DC motors are not worth repairing as the internals wear out. Especially on a 20+ year old motor.

Who has the cheapest new motors that are good quality?
Old 08-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Admiral is a good choice, low cost and reliable warranty service.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:09 PM   #6
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

So far my lowest quote is 425 from diy golf carts website. Can and should I go for a better than stock motor? Can I upgrade the motor to something better without a controller change? Stock motors for this model are only 2.25hp it seems. Not much pump.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO