lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #11
Role
Gone Wild

Unhappy Re: 2013 EZGO RXV AC Motor Noise I've never heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Lol, if I knew of one, I would have done a lot less typing.
So the next question is ... could you put an ezgo txt rear end on an RXV and just possibly change the input shaft so that the splines were the same? And just remove the brake portion and leave the back plate off the brake hubs and use that?

Upon opening the bottom gear pan and looking .. the bottom gear is messed up also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62009538096__93BF580B-8BF5-4A14-AD90-7AD540B3AD17.jpg (123.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5847.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5848.jpg (240.7 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2020, 01:00 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 EZGO RXV AC Motor Noise I've never heard...

Just get a new rxv axle. Theres nothing good in there..... you cant use a txt gear set in a rxv axle housing due to there being no bearings I know of to fit the txt intermediate shaft in a rxv axle. As far as bolting a complete txt axle assembly in a rxv, I dont know, never tried it. Putting a rxv input shaft in a txt axle is probably not an option (I'd have to look at my "gear tooth count cheat sheet", but i think no). I made a list of the different gear tooth counts when I was trying to make a set of "cheap & free offroad gears" for my marathon axle (which ended up being 13.9:1 with the free parts I could scavenge). I included par car gears, yamaha gears, txt & marathon gears, rxv gears, I tried every possible combo I could get my hands on. Input shaft gear has to be perfectly matched to its next gear, and "intermediate output" has to be perfectly matched to the final ring gear. Trust me, it gets tricky... and one mistake makes a axle that will maybe last a week. I had to do math & homework for that one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #13
Role
Gone Wild

Question Re: 2013 EZGO RXV AC Motor Noise I've never heard...

Here's a question that has me puzzled .. some RXV's from 2008-2013 march .. use the rear axle assembly with the welded parts already on the axle for the rear riser blocks.
Part 614063

Then after March of 2013 they switched the axle design to this .. new style axle with no mounts for the riser blocks and it just uses nipples. Part 630901

So if you were putting one on a stock cart or putting one back on a cart with a lift kit in the rear... using the one with the little nipples on the end for the rear riser blocks .. what brackets or mounting plates are used to prevent the whole rear assembly from twisting besides a ubolt and your top shock mount?
Old 08-26-2020, 04:33 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

There are locating pins on the axle, not visible in the pics (well, visible in one pic). And there are separate "saddles" that go between the axle tubes & the leaf springs, they have a hole in them that slips over the locating pins.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #15
Role
Gone Wild

Question Re: 2013 EZGO RXV AC Motor Noise I've never heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There are locating pins on the axle, not visible in the pics (well, visible in one pic). And there are separate "saddles" that go between the axle tubes & the leaf springs, they have a hole in them that slips over the locating pins.
I assume the locating pins are what I was referring to as nipples?
I circled them in red in the 2nd photo. And attached another photo with better visibility, this is what you are referencing?

Nonetheless, where do i get the saddles that slip over the locating pins?
Have a photo of the rear of an RXV with a 6" lift kit on it using these saddles?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62016016803__601E5D48-3901-4396-88F4-35ED92ADDB59.jpg (87.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-27-2020, 01:47 AM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

When you do a lift kit (Jake's are the only lifts I have installed on RXVs), the saddles are replaced by parts included with the lift kit.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #17
josh843
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

There’s a separate mounting bracket that has to be purchased for the the newer rear axle carts (I think 2013+). They are on back order like most other parts are right now. I have a few sets on order from nivel but was told it would be middle of sept. Before I’d get them. I needed them with for the mad Jax lift I installed and just welded the blocks to the rear axle Instead and installed the ubolts like normal so it wouldn’t allow the axle to rotate an acceleration or deceleration/stopping.
josh843 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48volt, ezgo, noise, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO