lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
scmoose
Gone Wild

Default AMD Motor Question

Pulled the motor on my 2012 Precedent to change the bearing in the motor that Im chasing a funny noise in. Pulled the motor, pulled the motor end cap and removed the bearing but the bearing appears to be in good shape. While I had the rotor out of the motor I noticed something rattling around in side of it as you tip it back and forth, sounds like a bunch of rust or something tumbling around in there and I don't see any way to get it out. Im wondering if that is the noise Im hearing. Any idea what could be in there rattling around.
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2020, 12:32 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: AMD Motor Question

Probably the motor brushes and/or their retainers.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
scmoose
Gone Wild

Default Re: AMD Motor Question

I may be describing this wrong. This is the center section of the motor after its been pulled from the housing. The brushes run on the outside of this piece.
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car