lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #1
chrisharbour416
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car lost Regen braking

2011 club car PH with Alltrax xct-48300

Can anyone tell me how I lost regenerative braking?

I rode the cart pretty hard last week with an all day tournament and riding 4 adults to and from course. Plugged it in in the evening and came back out a couple hours later to a burning smell from the cart. Thought the batteries were just getting too hot from being so low. I know I might headed fried the batteries they are more than 4 years old, but I've suddenly lost Regen too.
chrisharbour416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car lost Regen braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharbour416 View Post
2011 club car PH with Alltrax xct-48300

Can anyone tell me how I lost regenerative braking?

I rode the cart pretty hard last week with an all day tournament and riding 4 adults to and from course. Plugged it in in the evening and came back out a couple hours later to a burning smell from the cart. Thought the batteries were just getting too hot from being so low. I know I might headed fried the batteries they are more than 4 years old, but I've suddenly lost Regen too.

Does the cart run other than the braking? If so, you might have burned the wiring from the speed sensor on the end of the motor. I don't know if the speed sensor itself can overheat and burn.

The Alltrax Toolkit can help you find the fault.

Others more knowledgeable will be along to help.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
chrisharbour416
Not Yet Wild

The cart now seems to be going about half speed. I replaced the speed sensor ( have not checked wiring all the way up to controller). The Alltrax toolkit shows no errors at all.
chrisharbour416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharbour416 View Post
The cart now seems to be going about half speed. I replaced the speed sensor ( have not checked wiring all the way up to controller). The Alltrax toolkit shows no errors at all.
Where did you purchase the speed sensor? I've heard of defective ones on-line. If you did not purchase an OEM one from Revolution, that could be the problem.

Other than the speed sensor, speed magnet, the wiring plug with a loose terminal, or defective or burned wires to the controller, I have no clue what it might be.

Does the reverse buzzer sound off when you push it backwards? If not, the above still can be the problem. The fact that you smelled something burning sounds like a wire. Check all three of the speed sensor wires thoroughly.

Maybe someone else more experienced will jump in here with additional ideas.

Good luck!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:54 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Did you check the speed magnet on the end of the motor to see if it was broken?

If the alltrax is limiting speed, it would likely show some kind of error. A burning smell is not a good sign, but could mean something else is causing the problem.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car