lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #1
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Precedent. OBC??

2015 CC Precedent. Eric charger. Having a bit of a fit with my charging. Although Ck about every 6 weeks, the batteries water level went dry, I mean real dry and became very hot. Took almost 2 gal of distilled water to fill. Even after filling, the water bubbled for a good while.

So now when I go to charge, the Eric charge lights starts slow green blinking as if it’s charging correctly but the next morning the cart battery level light doesn’t move up at all. And this morning before unplugging the charger light had a flashing orange light meaning “batteries not charging fully or correctly.

I’m not with the cart until this afternoon but my wife has been relating this info. I plan to Ck voltages of each battery this afternoon when I get to came. Batteries are either 4 or 5 years old. So is there a OBC in my cart or is it in the Eric charger? Do you think the batteries going dry might have killed them and they just won’t take a full charge. Tks for any help or opinions.
cdestuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent. OBC??

You do not have an obc in your cart..Sounds like the batteries are shot...What is the voltage of each battery..What brand of batteries...The Eric charger has to have the correct profile for the brand of battery...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
You do not have an obc in your cart..Sounds like the batteries are shot...What is the voltage of each battery..What brand of batteries...The Eric charger has to have the correct profile for the brand of battery...
I will check the voltage towards the end of the afternoon when I get down to the cart. I did not know that that charger Hass to have the correct profile for the brand of battery. Does that mean you cannot buy just any brand or that there is a specific brand that the chargers are set up for. Tks
Old 08-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #4
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I checked the voltage of each battery and they were all between 8.25 and 8.32.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:34 PM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Batteries are about 70% charged...Hook a voltmeter up to each battery and floor it..That will test the battery under load...Any one that drops below 7v is bad...
Old 08-26-2021, 06:33 PM   #6
cdestuck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Batteries are about 70% charged...Hook a voltmeter up to each battery and floor it..That will test the battery under load...Any one that drops below 7v is bad...
Will do that in the morning. Did go out and Ck my voltage in a pack. When plugged into charger it worked it’s way up to 54.7. I know this is not a test as doing the load test but just thought I’d include.

It seemed rt before this charge problem began, a couple times when I plugged the green light started it’s slow on off blink but then a small green light above it came on at a very fast blink. Couldn’t find that on the charger explanation of lights.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #7
Hickstylez
Not Yet Wild

I am also curious what the smaller quickly blinking green light means.
Hickstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:47 AM   #8
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

The large flashing green means the charger is charging but has not reached a high state of charge...The small flashing green means that the charger is still charging and has reached a high state of charge and it will stay that way until both lights turn solid green which indicates that the charging cycle is complete....
Flashing orange means that the charger is unable to complete the charge cycle (bad batteries etc...)
Old 08-27-2021, 06:19 AM   #9
bbbdale
Gone Wild

4-5 year old batteries that were run/charged dry are most likely toast.

Time to pay the tax and get a new pack of batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #10
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

You can also pull the status off the Eric charger by inserting a USB.

I found out too late that my algorithm we miss set at some point to the battery set I was given when I purchased the cart and after 3 years my batteries were toast.

That why I went LiON in my 2015
LouBinWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car