lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default F-1 vs s-1

Hello I have a 1986 Resistor cart with solenoids trying to get running. Have it wired right according to schematic but my question lies in the >>>

My motor on cart is a 1012190 that has F-1 and F-2 instead of S-1 and S-2

Do I have the correct motor?

Cart is a 36volt but have read where this motor and the 1012191 motor can be either or 36 or 48v?

I have another motor 1012191 but wanted to get some advice 1st.

Possible inside of motor has issues with brushes? or even wires?

thanks
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: F-1 vs s-1

Wrong motor..The motor with the F1/2 markings is a sepex (shunt) motor...You need a series wound motor S1/2 markings...They are not compatable with each other...You can't use a sepex motor in a series cart which is what you have...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It's the right motor.
The old series motors were marked with F terminals. F = Field windings
These were produced long before shunt wound motors were common in golf carts or most industrial applications in general.
When the Shunt wound motors started to become more widely used the series motors were changed to S terminals to denote them as being Series wind. And the shunt wind motors were given F labels since the field windings on the shunt motors are controlled via other means, and do not get the full motor current.

It will run fine on either 36 or 48v and have some extra get-up and go on the 48.

If you search that part number you'll see that is a series motor and is the correct motor used in that time period.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #4
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well both motors work, however it's not engaging in 1st and 2nd gear...only 3rd and 4th. Possible solenoids?
Old 09-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the correction Fairtax..I didn't realize that the older series motors had the F1/2 markings...Always learning..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:31 PM   #6
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

It was corroded solenoids, voltage checked good 37v on each but contractors were corroded and burnt up. I guess enough to show voltage but not to run. Always learning. Changed motors for nothing but experience
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car