lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO No go...PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyroe View Post
Hi. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting on a very old thread, but this is the same exact issue I am having. I didn't really see the point in starting a new one. Anyway, my troubleshooting brought me to this post and I did the tests on all of the J1 and J4 pins. Everything looked good except for J1 Pin 6. It is showing B+ (38 volts), yet, the troubleshooting above indicates that should not be the case.

This would explain why my solenoid (new) is not closing or doing anything at all when I depress the accelerator and I hear the micro-switch engage.

Any reason why I would be getting B+ out of the blue wire like that? (I just know you're going to say it is the controller)
It is typically better to start a new thread since the old ones keep getting longer and longer.

B+ on J1 Pin-6 indicates the controller is applying B+ to J1 Pin-7 and the solenoid coil is intact, so it is felt at J1 Pin-6.

What is now needed to energize the solenoid is for the controller to supply the B+ on J1 Pin-7 a return path to B- via J1 Pin-6 through the solenoid coil. The controller is told to do that when B+ is applied to J4 Pin-1. (Pedal switch closure).

If the controller is not doing what it is being told to do, it is bad.

-----------
Unplug J1 (flip Run/Tow to Tow first) and jumper B+ to yellow wire and B- to Blue wire to make sure solenoid works.

Also clean the inline connector between J4 at controller and the pedal box. That miserable molex cause all sorts of pedal switch and ITS issues.

-------
If the controller does prove to be bad, drop in an Alltrax DCX400 (or larger) with matching solenoid and the cart will run about 24MPH on stock height (18") tires at 36V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #22
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know this is an old post... wonder if this will work...

I have full pack voltage on J4 pin 2 without pedal pressed (and with pressed)

I'm having a no click solonoid issue

My micro switch tests ok but does the above contradict that?
kroy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroy1968 View Post
I know this is an old post... wonder if this will work...

I have full pack voltage on J4 pin 2 without pedal pressed (and with pressed)

I'm having a no click solonoid issue

My micro switch tests ok but does the above contradict that?
Start a new thread and I'll answer the question.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO