lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Small gap with spindle causing clunking noise after installing Jake's lift.

I have the same exact issue and have not been able to resolve it either. Tried everything you have to no avail, learning to live with it. Anxious to hear if anyone was ever really able to fix it.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Small gap with spindle causing clunking noise after installing Jake's lift.

You might try pulling the spindle off and put the bolt in just the spindle alone see how much play is there is side to side that's the only other thing I can think of.
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
I have the same exact issue and have not been able to resolve it either. Tried everything you have to no avail, learning to live with it. Anxious to hear if anyone was ever really able to fix it.
Did you have the problem prior to installing the Jake's lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablob View Post
You might try pulling the spindle off and put the bolt in just the spindle alone see how much play is there is side to side that's the only other thing I can think of.
I have a few ideas of how I'm going to compare the two sides. This should narrow it down as to what the problem is.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did not have the noise prior to installing the lift. My cart was in a bad wreck this past winter and in the wreck the drop axle got bent. I replaced it and was optomistic the noise would go away, no such luck. During the second install I tried to find a thin washer to eliminate the play but could not find one thin enough. I could not tighten the king pin enough to make up the slack and was not comfortable heating the steel to get movement.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
I did not have the noise prior to installing the lift. My cart was in a bad wreck this past winter and in the wreck the drop axle got bent. I replaced it and was optomistic the noise would go away, no such luck. During the second install I tried to find a thin washer to eliminate the play but could not find one thin enough. I could not tighten the king pin enough to make up the slack and was not comfortable heating the steel to get movement.
So this is clearly an issue with some of the Jake's drop axle lifts?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Or did the original drop axle work fine until the wreck?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Or did the original drop axle work fine until the wreck?
Hmmm, I read it as he was hoping the noise wouldn't be present the second time around. But maybe he meant he meant he experienced the noise on the second axle and was hoping it would go away.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #18
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Can you post up a pic?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Original drop axle did the same clunking noise prior to the wreck. I do believe it is a small tolerance issue with the drop axle.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's not just the Jake's lift, the Allsports has the same problem.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO