lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #11
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Re: ezgo rxv

It is odd the RXV has enough power to do doughnuts in the grass stock, but I have noticed there is almost no torque in a situation such as crawling it out of a ditch,.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
jpb31
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgenes View Post
This seems odd to me - in my experience, the RXV torque is impressive to say the least! I only have 18" tires (get 21mph according to GPS), so that is a serious difference, but I have had 5 people on it - and they were all close to as big as me (probably a good 1000lbs in people) and had no slowdown at all on hills or acceleration..

These suckers go! . . . . (when the brakes aren't locked up)

I am not doubting your experience, it just surprises me - I guess I just kind of figured you could throw about anything at these suckers and they wouldn't falter!
They have all kinds of power as long as there moving ..but put 3 people on one on any kind of a incline like a small ditch form a complete stop it won't even pull up the incline...try putting one of the front tires up against something like a wall or a post and it won't even spin the tires. The problem is from 1 to 3 mph there is no torque after you get moving there fine it's only from a dead stop
jpb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Do you think they do it for safety? Seems like the 48 volt system should be more than capable of spinning the wheels from being stopped in a ditch with passengers onboard.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Its to stop wheel spin on a golf coarse.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #15
pontiac461
Not Yet Wild

mine is the same way. cant even crawl over a sidewalk if not moving but if rolling just a bit it is fine. i have a hand held for it but i dont think changing setting will matter. i can try and see i guess. i was told by e-z-go they would update the handheld for me if i sent it in, just never have.
pontiac461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the hand held works you could make a lot of money renting it out on here.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #17
pontiac461
Not Yet Wild

ya, it works. i can turn my cart up er down from 3 er 4mph to 19.5mph in the software, which gives me 25mph on my cart (23" tires). i will see if i can get ahold of ezgo again to see if they will still update it for me. updates might improve the torque issues from a stand still to a few mph. i would be glad to turn up anyones cart for free if they are close enough to drive and have it done. the hand held just cost to much to send it out with a risk of it not returning.
pontiac461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
wj3371
Not Yet Wild

I work at Mr. Golf Carts (mrgolfcartsinc.com) in Waynesboro Ga and we are working on a computer program that will give the RXV the ability to have full torque and speeds up to 40mph. Stay tuned and i will try to keep you guys updated on our progress.
wj3371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #19
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

wj3371, I am within 2 hours. When you all get it working I will be one of the first in line. Will this be posted on your works website?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #20
Zach Jaynes
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj3371 View Post
I work at Mr. Golf Carts (mrgolfcartsinc.com) in Waynesboro Ga and we are working on a computer program that will give the RXV the ability to have full torque and speeds up to 40mph. Stay tuned and i will try to keep you guys updated on our progress.
I'll have a txt for sale if this pans out!
Zach Jaynes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torqe
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO