lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
daharte
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default controller wiring

This is wiring for my 1997 dcs curtis controller with unattached red wire coming out of the harness. My reverse directional alarm is not present in forward/reverse assembly I don't know if that is related. I saw the wiring diagram for dcs but I still can't figure it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart 003.jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
daharte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller wiring

The reverse beeper picked up B+ on the solenoid's battery side large terminal and the red wire not connected to anything has a large ring terminal on it, so that is probably what it was for.

If the beeper is missing from the F/R assembly, there is probably a red wire and a black wire not connected to anything, in that general vicinity also.

You can use an Ohmmeter to verify that is the same red wire.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
daharte
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Many thanks. I will let you know.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
daharte
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: controller wiring

Thanks for the help. As you said it was the backup warning wire.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I unhooked my beeper because I use my buggy for hunting. I also had to remove the OEM charger receptacle to make room for an extra battery. I am using a marine trolling motor receptacle, with a matching plug on my Accusense charger. I left the red beeper wire hooked up at the solenoid & used the other end of it to feed voltage to the reed-switch wire that I had to unhook when I went with the marine receptacle. Worked out pretty good!
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knothead View Post
I unhooked my beeper because I use my buggy for hunting. I also had to remove the OEM charger receptacle to make room for an extra battery. I am using a marine trolling motor receptacle, with a matching plug on my Accusense charger. I left the red beeper wire hooked up at the solenoid & used the other end of it to feed voltage to the reed-switch wire that I had to unhook when I went with the marine receptacle. Worked out pretty good!
Is your trolling motor receptacle able to pass 20 amps (or more for some factor of safety)? As long as the wires on it were the same as on your buggy, you should be fine.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Is your trolling motor receptacle able to pass 20 amps (or more for some factor of safety)? As long as the wires on it were the same as on your buggy, you should be fine.
The receptacle has the same size wire that the cart has from the factory (10 ga. I think....possibly 8 ga.). The DPI charger only uses 12 ga. on the output cable, but it IS a higher strand-count wire than the receptacle uses.
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I flipped the stock receptacle over so it aims up instead of down... which made room for battery #7 and a DC>DC reducer under the driver seat.
On another cart I just added the battery alone under the drivers seat without any modification to the receptacle.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO